Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

18 follower Segui

CDJ 2000 Firmware 4.05 Feedback

Please post your opinion on the 4.05 firmware ...

L V G

Il post è chiuso ai commenti.

87 commenti

No issues with new firmware, but I only played on them for 2.5 hours (mind you, live at a show).

For my needs, I've never run my music through Recordbox.  Seems like many bugs as a results from folks on the forums.  Just one USB HD plugged in to one deck... the other linked.  Over 25k songs.  If well organized and folders aren't huge, it performs great.

What you do lose is search functionality and wave generation by not using Recordbox.  That can be overcome with good organization and anyone who's been mixing for a while remembers a time when you had to mix without wave information.

Chris Wagner 0 voti
Azioni per commenti Permalink

not losing much with search function with 25k files, with that many files the search function is near useless, very slow and long load times and locks up the decks while searching, no fun there

BriChi 0 voti

hmmm i am interested in having my music accessible from a big HD, so "CHRIS", wouldnt the use of HD to store music, be similer to using CD's? except theres alot more availability?

SpeakerHandz 0 voti

Just to be clear, when I talk about RB, I don't mean actually using it as an interface while playing, I would never even consider that as an option.  I dont want to bring a laptop to the club ever.  What I mean is simply the function of analyzing the tracks for export to USB or other media storage.  If RB would just simply read and create waveform data for the file, that would be perfect.  no importing or name changing of any kind.  Anyways, got the new update, found loops are functioning better I guess.  Believe me when I say I love my CDJ's, but I really hope the options I suggested become available soon.  New firmware with these options would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

Paul Johnston 0 voti

I haven't had any issues with LINK at all, and I have 16GB each SD and USB in both players (64GB total), so I can link back and forth...so far it's been perfect in that respect.

Paul Johnston 0 voti

Sorry, for mass posting, but I play 3 nights a week for 5 hours each time as a resident at some of my local and area clubs, and this is where I am getting my info for my opinions expressed on these topics for the CDJ 2000.  So far they are great, other than my obvious quirks with them.

Paul Johnston 0 voti

i took the risk and updated because not many people did. I thought lets throw caution to the wind, because how will pioneer ever improve if no-one updates.

Well, its a solid update and MT and loops are much, much better. I never updated to the previous update, which i believe was 4.0.4, so i've jumped up two in one go. My advice is update!

cjb001 0 voti

'Risk' is an interesting word.  I'd imagine more people have updated than you seem to think.

v4.04 is simply a minor update that fixes 3 very specific reported issues.  As for MT being "much, much better" - the 5% chance that it 'blips' when you engage it is gone, but its overall performance is unchanged as far as I'm concerned.

Mark90 0 voti

cbj001 ... what kind of music do u play ? Since when ? ...

L V G 0 voti

Cause with new 'forums' we have no more infos on members ...

L V G 0 voti

Updated both my players today from 4.01 (how they were shipped as i only got them on monday last week) to 4.05

The loops and MT seem a lot better :)

Double happy now as ive also got the latest Rekordbox working as it should too - got to have a mixing session tomorrow!

Simon Abberley 0 voti

I done some MT tests last night and the Hard House track I used (145 bpm) was adjusted to -2% with MT on.

It sounded dreadfull, almost like two tracks having a train wreck and it was just the one track playing.

As far as I'm concerned, MT on the 2000's is a completley useless function and I'm quite sure this latest FW has made NO improvements to the overall MT sound quality.

Pioneer have sold us a dud.

Effect 0 voti

Just an Observation, 

I feel that the storms that use to pop up more frequently on these forums retaining to the cdj 2000 issues, arent apparent right now. Seems like everyones more concentratting on working on their mixes with no annoying bugs. This firmeware has done me justice in many ways.

Waiting for the next firmware, but in the meantime, im very happy with this 4.05v firmware

SpeakerHandz 0 voti

I see no difference with the LOOP "drift" at all but at least I know 99% of the time to keep pushing the jog wheel forward every few seconds just a bit to stay on track. 1% of the time I have to go backwards a bit. Freaking weird!

They both drift bad even during regular play pretty bad. I have owned every model Pioneer has ever released and never had this many problems. I had a bad issue with one player 2 weeks in and they swapped me out for a new one at Guitar Center (cause I spent so much) but I got a slightly different model. The new box was all black where the first pair of boxes were white. No biggie there but the screen is more vibrant than the older one and when they read which version of firmware the newer one says [Ver 4.05.] and the old on says [Ver 4.05] only. why is there a [.] behind the 5 on the newer one?

I don't even mess with the Quantize cause the Hot Cues are off a 1/2 second everytime. This makes me afraid to buy the DJM900 Nexus due to the problems I'm having with the CDJ2000's.

Please Pioneer, get it together. I figured even though I have 2 CDJ2000's made at different times that the firmware would pull them together dispite the vibrant color difference. I kinda want my 400's back!

JOHNBOY 0 voti

What if: it's not a cdj 2000 issue, and it is a rekordbox bpm analyze one? I mean what if rekordbox don't analyze-count the bpm's of a track corect and 2 track's sheems to be same bpm but they don't really are?

Anastasio 0 voti

Or it is a cdj2000 issue but not a master tempo one, a bpm-analyze one...

Anastasio 0 voti

If you get issues with MT off, it's not an MT issue, if problems only occur with MT on, then it is an MT issue.

Effect 0 voti

LVG can you please give me more info about this master tempo thing? you say Pioneer CAN'T fix it, due to the hardware they built? Did looping with MT turn on, not work with the 1000's either? how could there hardware not allow it too work ever? was that posted somewhere.. this is really all for my own personal knowledge anyway since i only play on serato 99.9% of the time, just kinda worried if i do a last min set at a party and decide to play just off a thumb drive. also making sure i got the issue right. With MT on and playing from CD, thumb drive,Rekordbox link or SD card, loops will always drift? does it matter weather or not you have scanned the tracks and put them on via RB? 

And is RB Link still that buggy for most people, back in the firmware 3.2 (ish) days i ran the link for a few night's and never had any issues, maybe im just lucky that way. I dont seem to be lucky with those fucking USB ports breaking on the back between 2 clubs and 10 cdj2000's all have broken USB ports now :(

DJ Code E 0 voti

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, stop associating the loop 'issue' - whatever it is - with the MT problem.

Mark90 0 voti

Mark dont get all pissed off, it been a while since i have been on here, since i really hate the new layout.... there's 2 issues that are still unresolved? whats the issue with MT then? and was the looping on fixed with 4.05?

DJ Code E 0 voti

I don't think people have analysed their tracks properly, are people making sure the grid is locked the whole way through the track. As I found RB would analyse the track and the grid would be locked to the beat at the start but be out of sync by the middle of the track

Marsano 0 voti
  • *Now I have DJ'd for 17 years, using Pioneer for 15 of them and have never seen so many problems! Now my shit is backwards instead of forwards for the loop drift problem-like I stated earlier in this thread! WTF? My 100's were more stable! I could throw 2 tracks on, leaving the X-fader in  the middle and goto the bar and order a shot and walk back and everything would still be dead on. I can't take my eyes off these 2000's for 10 seconds before the go off! Why? Pioneer- YOU MUST FIX THIS PROBLEM WITH FIRMWARE OR RECALL ALL THESE CDJ2000's! Seriously! I paid amost $4000 for these and they act like Numarks! I'm very upset and expect an answer from a rep! Not another person that thinks they know what the problem is! I know what's up! I've had every Pioneer CDJ model but these are the worst! Not to mention you make us use Recordbox and it's not perfect either. AGAIN- I spent a lot of money and I expect more for what I paid! Not happy at all! *
JOHNBOY 0 voti

I'm not using my decks to often anymore, i was diagnosed with acoustic trauma (around 50 db at 3,5 Khz, much worse at high frequencies ). The doctors told me not to continue because i'm in danger to loose all my hearing at this early age.

Even though , i am still reading this forum.

A few months ago i said to myself that i am going to stop posting about the problems i find on these decks, that i need to resist to the temptation of touching my decks, to stay away from music.

Reading all this complaints made me change my decision and run a new test.

I took a track (Rodrigo Laffertt - Amuleto), original bpm 124, and raised the tempo by 2.40, so the new bpm was 127.00

I played the track 2 times at 127, once with MT off , the other time with MT on. Both times i recorded the output of my mixer into cubase 5.

I took 34 snapshots between the bars 231-264 of the track, one snapshot for each bar. I've arranged them in order and made a short movie.

Here is the link to the video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hIxyCpfsyB8

The top track is recorded with MT off, the bottom one is recorded while MT was turned on.

Conclusion :

The decks tend to slow down, after a while tries to correct itself by speeding up for a short time

This is misleading for the djs, they always need to adjust for staying in sync, first time to speed up, then to slow down one of the decks.

@ Pulse

I'm looking forward for your reaction

I also recommend you to use a software for tests, a software that lets u record and analyze the output of the hardware that the people are complaining

about. This way you will know if there is a real problem or not.

This was just one of the "easy to run" tests that can be done in order to verify the decks.

Now it looks like everybody complaining about the drifting is right!

I'm sure there is a turmoil in the tempo of the tracks even when the MT is turned off! I cannot run a new test at this time, i hope that you or the pioneer engineers will do it and solve the problem!

Thanks

Marian Eugen 0 voti

great work marian. you showed what we can all hear and have been complaining about for months.

Phil 0 voti

Another fantastic visual illustration of MT on the 2000's.  Nice work Marian.

Do you have access to a CDJ-1000 MK3?  I would find the same analysis performed on a 1000 with MT on and a comparision video between the 1000 MT and 2000 MT waveforms, very, very interesting.

Mark90 0 voti

OK guys guys, lets all relax with the loop drift stuff. Im pretty sure this is the solution. I used to have this issue also. That is up until I started analyzing my tracks in "Dynamic Mode" If you play a track, lets just say, Genre: Tech House, BPM: 125, this 125bpm will most likely be changing! so, if you want to make a locked in loop, were on the raw track itself is 125.3 but RB says, in its Normal Analysis Mode... that it is 125, and your other track on the other deck is set to 125, THAN ITS GONNA DRIFT!!! Reason behind this is that when RB analyzes a track, RB would have to alter the time of the track in order to achieve a true locked in Beats Per Minute count, which that it does not do. SO, what was pioneers solution?? eehhh, lets just round the entire tracks bpm and make it 125.17, so called "Locked In BPM". Analyze in Dynamic mode. Because your 125 BPM track, 2 minutes in, just might be at 125.3... and that right there causes a drift... after about 15-30 seconds, depending on how many beats you loop.

Sry if i confused some of you guys, if their was an easier way to explain it, I would've done so. but in the end, it all boils down to timing.

dCzeK 0 voti