Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

18 follower Segui

CDJ 2000 Firmware 4.05 Feedback

Please post your opinion on the 4.05 firmware ...

L V G

Il post è chiuso ai commenti.

87 commenti

as for MT?? I never had any problem with that... Maybe because my BPM range is around 124-132. Just out of curiosity, from the people having a problem with MT, whats your BPM range that you normally play in?? and also, what percentage change do you guys adjust to until you start hearing a problem?? Cause i rarely ever go more that +-3.5%

dCzeK 0 voti
Azioni per commenti Permalink

dCzeK, you are talking nonsense.  Analysing electronic music in Dynamic Mode has caused big issues for people in the past.  Dynamic Mode is for analysing live music which may vary slightly in tempo due to simple human imperfections.  Using it for electronic music just causes problems, stick to Normal Mode.

As for MT, well, the information that Marian posted is clear enough to demonstrate what is happening and that the problem is inherent to the CDJs themselves.

Mark90 0 voti

@dczek - your theory is wrong and your advice is wrong.

all tracks with constant bpms should be analysed in NORMAL mode. dynamic is only for older tracks with fluctuating timings (live drummers etc). 99% of dance music produced in the last 15+ years has a constant bpm that does not drift at all.

dynamic mode gives false bpm readings and shows drifts on tracks when there actually isn't any.

Phil 0 voti

@mark90 - sorry, didn't see your reply until after i posted.

great minds etc...!

Phil 0 voti

No worries, the more posts conveying the correct info the better!

Mark90 0 voti

@ dCzeK

You are wrong!

The track i used in the experiment above is a perfect 124 bpm track.

Marian Eugen 0 voti

Nice work marian! Great to have you on the forums :)

TheOne 0 voti

I also used to mix with cdj100 in the past and I also remember leaving two tracks with crossfader in the middle, go at the bar, order a shot and drink it!!

Tracks where still locked!!

Dream Treez 0 voti

So why the hell don't Pioneer get on & fix this crummy MT function?  Maybe the H/W they used is some cheapo chip?

Effect 0 voti

See now again I think things are being taken out of context or people are posting when they don't have enough information on what the issues are.

@Dream Treez:  It's no problem at all to beat match 2 tracks on the CDJ-2000's, put them both live and walk off to grab a drink.  It's just that if MT is involved then the effect is that it SOUNDS like the tracks are drifting - they won't actually fall out of sync, it will just always sound to your ears that they are about to (because the MT algorithm is shifting beats backwards and forwards).

As for loop drift, well, if you want to be brave and loop 1 or 2 tracks and walk off then that's your problem - quantized loops or not, I'd never do that.

@Effect:  Pioneer have already told us that the DSP used in the 2000's is a different chip to that used in the 1000 MK3's, hence a new algorithm was written to perform the MT function on the new hardware.  Was it a cheaper, crappier chip?  Who knows?  If it's just because the newer MT algorithm was written poorly, you'd have thought that Pioneer would have hired in a much more experienced programmer and got the job done by now.  After nearly 2 years though, it just looks more and more as though it's not possible for the current hardware to perform any better.

Mark90 0 voti

i admit now, after playing again the MT is still temperamental. If you play with MT +/-1 then you are probably going to be ok with no problems. if you are outside it, then you will hear problems. One way i have "managed" is to increase the tension of my jog adjust, so when i make adjustments its not too strong, if you get what i mean.

I guess from the update from 4.04 to 4.05 its a minor update? 

cjb001 0 voti

Maybe the MT will never work better cause his algorithm is not updatable. You can change a lot of things with the firmware, but  maybe not the MT dsp workflow. I hope I am wrong.

Galipao 0 voti

i guess if it could be done then it would have by now?!?

cjb001 0 voti

I think maybe they cannot find the issue OR they think this is not a big deal and have it on the back burner. The only thing that has been mentioned lately of a MT fix was pressing the button and causing the sound to jump, Nothing about improving the quality of MT which I agree is hobble at times so I have been leaving it off too

BriChi 0 voti

Damn, I did a gig this past Saturday and with a few beers along with the crowd. No one seem to complain or be bothered by it, so I'm very happy with my CDJ-2000 cause I just showed up with two 16 gb flashdrives and got paid top dollar$$$

Dj Trend 0 voti

I strongly agree with what Johnboy  said.

My players still continue to drift both! I have to keep pushing the wheel forward to keep the tracks matched all the time. They seem to lock for no more than 5-10 seconds and then they start drifting again.

Firmware updated to v4.05, with the same results.

The drifting remains whatever media I use (SD, USB, and Pressed Audio CDs) !!!!

I am thinking about contacting my nearest Pioneer repair center for an solution.

If this helps, my units are bought in October 2010 and they are a revision batch of August 2010 (they came in the white colored box).

panoulix 0 voti

*sigh*  Are you mixing with MT turned on?  Are you (for whatever bizarre reason) looping?  If not then...

Mark90 0 voti

"""""""I am thinking about contacting my nearest Pioneer repair center for an solution."""""""

Don't waste the phone call, if there was a fix, it would be out already.

BriChi 0 voti

HELP NEEDED!!!!! Major Problem here 2000's not turning on with usb/reloop exit!!!!!!!!!! for upgrade what can i do please help im on 4.04 now just want it to upgrade but bot of the players not responding!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Djtalllo 0 voti

sorry im just toooo tired sort it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks anyway

Djtalllo 0 voti

@Mark, all I wanted to say is that with cdj100 I felt safer than what I feel with cdj2000.

I never play with MT on. If want to mix in key, I mix with MT off and the tempo +/- 6 wide.

Btw, not only I had a shot at the bar but I also chatted with a beautiful blonde for a while.

Dream Treez 0 voti

For me the bottom line is that there seem to be WAY too many problems with these units, especially pertaining to the apparent inability of the unit to 'lock in' a BPM on any tracks VIA USB or SD.  This is a HUGE PROBLEM because for being 2000.00$ a unit, and being a piece of DJ equipment, this is kind of the FUNDAMENTAL reason they exist in the first place.  Personally I'm really angry at myself for dropping the 4600$ on them...I should have just stayed with the 1000's.  If the player cannot read ALL the forms of music it claims to read and create a usable, locked BPM track, then they are pretty much USELESS.  This WILL be the last Pioneer DJ product I buy if Pioneer cannot or refuses to address and correct this issue.  Looping on the other hand is more difficult on the fly and may require adjustment but all DJ gear needs to work, if for no other reason than to allow the most fundamental function which is obviously beat matching.  Thanks.

Paul Johnston 0 voti

After numerous tests and settings changes, here are the following results with the BPM lock status with firmware upgraded to v4.05...

With Master Tempo On and Quantize On

Pressed Audio CDs or CDRs: FAIL

SD MP3s: FAIL

USB Flash Drive MP3s: FAIL

Traktor Scratch Pro 2 TimeCode (with Audio 10):** FAIL

With Master Tempo Off and Quantize On

Traktor Scratch Pro 2 TimeCode (with Audio 10):** FAIL**

With Master Tempo On and Quantize Off

Traktor Scratch Pro 2 TimeCode (with Audio 10):** FAIL

With Master Tempo Off and Quantize Off

Pressed Audio CDs or CDRs: *FAIL

USB Flash Drive MP3s: *FAIL

Traktor Scratch Pro 2 TimeCode (with Audio 10):** FAIL (a little more precise but still drifts)**

There also seems to be an issue with Traktor Scratch Pro 2 and CDJ-2000 Master Tempo set to ON (the software behaves like crazy when it is ON, as the BPM status and the fader position are not displayed or updated when set to ON)!

I had a pair of CDJ-1000MK3, which I sold them in order to "upgrade" to the CDJ-2000. All I have to say is that I spent 3000 Euros and bought a marketing crap, instead of byuing something that would be better and superior (as advertised and claimed by Pioneer to be) to my old and beloved 1000MK3s... I wish I could have my money back or a direct replacement with a proper revision of the CDJ-2000 players!

panoulix 0 voti

i analyse everything in RB and move all markers to beats for every tracks i analyse. if you use MT and loop and you are outside +/- 1 say, the track does not lock. i think the problem, is that it needs too much intervention. MT off and its so much tighter.

you do have to check every track after you anlyse them to see if the beats line up with the markers.

cjb001 0 voti

I do not use RB at all.

These players are meant to be standalone as well.

It is insane that they do not lock with Pressed Audio CDs and with Traktor Scratch Pro either, even with stable bpm tracks.

I did not have this kind of problrm with my CDJ-1000MK3s which I unfortunately sold long several months ago... :(

panoulix 0 voti

As BriChi said, I both wasted the call and my time by contacting Pioneer Service Provider in Greece...

All I got from the service supervisor there was "If there was such a known problem, Pioneer would have informed us and give instructions on how to deal with it"...

I also let them know that this is a widely known issue caused to many owners (if not ALL owners) of the CDJ-2000 units and mentioned in almost every DJ forum incuding the official ones from Pioneer.

I asked them just for curiosity reasons what would happen if my warranty ends and there is still no fix (or if the fix applies AFTER my warranty ends).

There answer was simple and straight: "You will have to bear all the parts and labor expenses".

So the conclusion my friends and fellow Pioneer CDJ-2000 owners is yours...

I spent 5000 Euros in total on buying a pair of CDJ-2000 units and a DJM-2000 mixer in order to pair them and use their max capabilities altogether.

...And STILL Pioneer refuses to admit their mistake and recall the faulty batches (or units) for a direct replacement with brand new ones that are precise and as advertised out of the box!

Perhaps it's time all CDJ-2000 owners who have this major problem, to unite and claim our legal rights, as we paid an arm and a leg in order to get our units...

panoulix 0 voti

There is nothing faulty about the hardware.  There will be no hardware updates made so you won't have to send it in for repair.

The chips used are not cheap / cheaper than those used in the 1000MK3; they are actually more advanced and more powerful.  

As for the "FAIL" claims by panoulix, I call shenanigans.  I've been using these decks since before they were available to the public and I'm still capable of mixing on them without any issues across all media formats, file types and MT conditions, as are many top level international DJs.

This thread has wandered far enough from its original intention and there is little positive contribution going on here, so I proclaim this thread lockedeth.

Pulse 0 voti