Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

19 follower Segui

CDJ-2000 MK1 Loops

Another one for your engineers, since the update of either Rekordbox 2.0.1 or the firmware 4.20 loops are now unusable, keep going out on tracks that used to stay in!!

The only thing that has changed on my once 'working ok' setup is pioneer updated firmware or software....I wish I never updated either!!!!!

Please get this sorted!!

Gary Mac

Il post è chiuso ai commenti.

147 commenti

:-)

Don't know to go back to 4.11 on this way...

Must I put the "main, gui, panel, drive" to the older version. Does the fw 4.20 only updated the main and panel ?

Hope that I not got banned from here ;-)

steve 0 voti
Azioni per commenti Permalink

if you wanna go back to 4.11, you "should" use all 4 original files that came in the download months ago if you held onto that. 

Honestly, If you are not comfortable following the exact steps, i wouldnt do this, i am sure if something doesnt go right you will be replacing an expensive main board because the rom is f'd

BriChi 0 voti

Thanks, I think know how to do. But are not  sure enough. I'm not an expert :-)

Waiting for a fix from pioneer.

steve 0 voti

To be fair guys, I think this should be precisely Pioneer explaining to us how to do it. Imagine if instead of doing that we would all return our decks to them saying loops are not working and ask them to fix it? Imagine the cost for them? Instead of that we're just asking for a simple roll back waiting for the final bug fix... This is not the end of the world!

Nicolas Schmitz 0 voti

I like the pioneer products. Own a cdj2000 and a djm900nxs and are happy from day one. Never get any problem with.

But since the fw 4.20 (released 16. oct 2012), I got some problems. Some ppl are waiting over a month for a fix ! 

It's time for an official statement about the future of the cdj 2000 mk1. 

steve 0 voti

@BriChi: last night a DJ saved my life.... Thanks a lot mate. If I really want to be adventurous now I'd do the same replacing C2KPANL.UPD file with the 4.20 one because the loop bug is probably in the C2KMAIN.UPD and the 4.20 C2KPANL.UPD is probably alright. but I'm happy as it is, I feel much more relaxed waiting for MK1 update now (given that they don't even bother responding to us anymore this will quite probably take a while...) 

Nicolas Schmitz 0 voti

I think Pioneer should release a roll back version itself. But since they dont seem to give a f*** about the problem we are going through... can anybody that knows the procedure post it here pretty please????!!!!

If you don't want to get your silly user name banned just create another user to do it but PLEASE help your fellows here!!!!! I would go for it at my own risk cause I haven't been using them since the bug came out. I guess I just don't give a damn anymore and would deffinitly go to a not official roll back process.

Stroboscope 0 voti

@Strobo: just read through the thread, there is everything you need to do it

Nicolas Schmitz 0 voti

I tryed it, but not worked. Only Displayed "update complete" but still on 4.20.

steve 0 voti

It seems this problem only effects tracks anaylised with rekordbox 2.0.1 all other tracks in my archive analysed by previous versions of rekordbox do no drift......

Can any of u guys try this and confirm??

Gary Mac 0 voti

Well I can confirm that after updating to v4.20 nothing is drifting on my CDJ 2000 MK1 maybe because I'm still using Rekordbox v. 1.5.1?

eLem3ntx 0 voti

This sux again a wasted day in a soon future just for exporting the stuff again

EpikureeR 0 voti

@steve, do you have the service manual? google is your friend

Nicolas Schmitz 0 voti

Going to try and export to an older version of rekordbox. Think its def rekordbox 2.0.1 related. 

Gary Mac 0 voti

I have CDJ 2000 Nexus and experience Loop drift.

I'm using Rekordbox 2.0.1 so this could be the cause.

Leee 0 voti

Installing an older version of rekordbox would mean reanalizing and fixing grid on all your tracks right? Anybody else thinks it's a RB problem? I am using 2.0.1 and having issues.

Stroboscope 0 voti

You would have to  analyze the 2.0.1 tracks again yes. Going to try it when I get in tonight. Just need to find a link to an older version of rekordbox ;)

Gary Mac 0 voti

all right... can you guys attache the dmg file (mac) of the previous rekordbox?

Nicolas Schmitz 0 voti

I've been trying to find a previous version also but no luck.  Hopefully someone will provide a link.

Hesitant 0 voti

i was running rekordbox 2.0.1 with Firmware 4.11 and the looping was fine for me. It was as soon as i went to firmware 4.20 that i noticed the loop drifts.

Paulie_p 0 voti

I have all versions of RB but for PC if someone wants it. Just ask it here and I will find a way to communicate with you.

For Mac I don't have cause I just bought one for first time a few weeks ago.

Dream Treez 0 voti

@Paulie p.   Maybe its compatibility issue between the two. 

How many of you have called the pioneer support for your area and reported this? as from what they told me they don't even look at this forum lol

Gary Mac 0 voti

@Nicolas Schmitz: Yes I have the service manual, but when I put the 4.10 on a usb flash stick and try to "update" it fails.

I heard drifting loops are a rekordbox problem... anyone has an older version for mac ?

steve 0 voti

Found RB 1.6.2

Make a test with drifting loops on cdj2000 fw 4.20

steve 0 voti

where did u find 1.6.2? been looking everywhere !!

Gary Mac 0 voti

Gary. I reported the loop problem to Pioneer directly through their support pointed here on Technical Support Contacts. I got NOT A SINGLE WORD back from them about the issue. 

Now some people are saying they didn't have problems with 2.0.1 (RB) and 4.11 (FW). It would be great if we could find the reason for the problem and not just blame the software without being sure about it. It can be a lot of work for people going back and reanalizing tracks, readjusting beatgrids and fixing cues and preset loops, and then notice the problem persists... Anybody else didn't have or had loop problems with FW 4.11 or is it exclusive from v.4.2??

Stroboscope 0 voti

The tracks that I haven't re analized with RB 2.0.1 do not drift....The issue must be releated to this latest version...Am looking for 1.6.2....

Gary Mac 0 voti

Gotta say the support is pretty bad, I had to call the guy back and remind him that I'd sent an email 5 days prior.... :(

Gary Mac 0 voti