Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

19 follower Segui

CDJ-2000 MK1 Loops

Another one for your engineers, since the update of either Rekordbox 2.0.1 or the firmware 4.20 loops are now unusable, keep going out on tracks that used to stay in!!

The only thing that has changed on my once 'working ok' setup is pioneer updated firmware or software....I wish I never updated either!!!!!

Please get this sorted!!

Gary Mac

Il post è chiuso ai commenti.

147 commenti

@Steve> pg57  "Recovery when failing ", #3 

Nicolas Schmitz 0 voti
Azioni per commenti Permalink

In case you need the 4.11 files to do whatever you like (frying eggs, dicing cheese, etc)

Nicolas Schmitz 0 voti

has anybody got the setup of rekordbox 1.6.2?? please :))

Gary Mac 0 voti

BriChi > you said you had no issues playing with 4.2. Please, could you inform me with which RB version your tracks were analized?

Stroboscope 0 voti

RB/cdj will only drift if you havent analyzed your tracks properly (ok agreed past fw has been pants)! Take a look at the grid of the offending track(s)... zoom in and check them... its only software after all and far from perfect. you may need to tinker with them manually to get the grid spot on?

im running the latest rb & cdj2000 - the drift doesnt bother me, as much of my 80s stuff wont grid that well anyway.... my latest house stuff seems ok to me tho - how long does it take for your loop to drift, i probably only play the loop two or 3 times before i drop it, so its not making a big deal to my mixing ability... saying that these are way better than the cdj1000 - and so they should be, but my point is playing on the cdj1000 will teach you some skills in keeping the beats tight!

Matt Jackson 0 voti

prepared loops seem almost fine to me, but if you make them on the fly they run out of match pretty fast (1-2 repeats and they are out of match)

EpikureeR 0 voti

thing is on the fly loops still use the quantize data from RB, if the grid isnt perfect the loop will be baggy...  Also, is the Quantize text illuminated on the cdj screen? if its not, your loops will be as baggy as a cdj1000!

even my 80s tracks are ok within 4 repeat loops.... something must be badly wrong on your set up for it to be out by that much!!

Matt Jackson 0 voti

Can't be a wrong setup, everything was fine before

EpikureeR 0 voti

@EpikureeR, think id make a you tube video showing how bad this was and log a complaint with pioneer... same for anyone else with a problem - that way pioneer engineer can see for them self your set up, and whats happening....

further more, if you tube has an abundance of videos of bad kit.. dont you think that would look bad on pioneer... with that in mindy they may react much quicker... i dont see these issues documented outside of this forum...

Matt Jackson 0 voti

Well i dont make a fuzz about it, i am just confirming what other people ate experiencing

EpikureeR 0 voti

Its a very good idea to post every error to youtube with some good tagging,

Bjoervik 0 voti

I'm going to throw this out there.   Do you guys fix the beat gridding?  Because it is almost always off, maybe this is part of the problem?  I haven't upgraded the past two firmwares so drifting isn't an issue fro myself (at least I dont think it is) , but gridding in 2.01 is dodgy for sure.

jamboe 0 voti

BriChi > you said you had no issues playing with 4.2. Please, could you inform me with which RB version your tracks were analized?

I am pretty sure the last time I analyzed was back in the 1.6 days

BriChi 0 voti

I can confirm it too.

Rekordbox 1.6.2 + cdj2000 fw 4.20 = no drifting loops.

Now I got back to cdj2000 fw 4.10 and everything is perfect like before :-)

steve 0 voti

@Matt, first of all, I like the fact that you are confident with your players. I am the same just like you, if the beat goes out a bit, you just have to correct it. You have got a point in what you say and people here have to realize that it is impossible to get the perfect match with one click. 

@Users, you need to adjust the beat of the track manually. When RB analyses tracks, some of them might not be as tight as you would like to be. Maybe you need to correct it, manually. I am using cdj2000mk1 v4.11, RB 2. No drifts at all. But I can understand what you are trying to say cause honestly cdj2000 is not as stable as it meant to be. However (and that is my personal opinion) you need to experiment a bit more with it. Not the cdj but with Rekordbox.

Dream Treez 0 voti

as a matter of fact it does not have anything to do with the tightness of the beatgrid, as many others have already spotted

EpikureeR 0 voti

@dream treez - so even though rekordbox has got it right for the 2 nearly 3 years that I've had my 2000's you're now saying that we have to adjust the beat grid of every new impoted track? now that's crazy mate!!!

2.0.1 is not analysing the data correctly...Loops on the cdj have been absolutly spot on until these recent updates. No adjustment needed!

Gary Mac 0 voti

@Gary, please don't get me wrong. I am only trying to help. I am not saying that RB or firm4.2 is working as it should. Everybody here knows that pioneer support is crap

Dream Treez 0 voti

Btw I always adjust it a bit before I drop a track

Dream Treez 0 voti

Also I have never tried v4.20 so I don't know if they messed it, which seems to me really logic to happen since pioneer firmware history

Dream Treez 0 voti

@Dream> Sorry but I am getting a little bit confused, what do you adjust please before dropping a track?

Nicolas Schmitz 0 voti

No problem mate, don't worry. All I mean is that before I start to mix, I first find same tempo, next cue, then play and before I start to mix I always need to move the platter forward or backwards a bit. All these by using my headphones. I don't trust pioneer but once I adjust the platter at start, mix is tight afterwards

Dream Treez 0 voti

Have installed rekordbox 1.5.4 and re scanned tracks effected, everything is back to normal.

On a final note Pioneer support is shocking, from a company this size I would of expected better....never mind...tut tah.

Gary Mac 0 voti

Can anyone upload 1.6.2 ?

The other link requires you to sign up and pay a membership fee

Thanks!

cdjbasile 0 voti

LOOPS problem in rekordbox 2.0.1

when i used 1.6 rekordbox its ok, (cdj version 4.11)

Sonare 0 voti

cheers sonare.

Is RB 1.6 and Firmware 4.2 been proved ok?

I couldnt understand the difference between the following 2 statements by steve On 1 hand he says no drifting loops for 4.2, then he says perfect like before with 4.1!

I can confirm it too.

Rekordbox 1.6.2 + cdj2000 fw 4.20 = no drifting loops.

Now I got back to cdj2000 fw 4.10 and everything is perfect like before :-)

November 22, 2012 08:59

I can confirm it too.

cdjbasile 0 voti

Hey guys, I found it most useful when (as most of you know) that when seeing consistent issues like this, Try and shoot a video, youtube it privately and post a link for Pioneer to watch, we all nowadays can do this so easily. Any issues i ever have I shoot a video, show the setup by step actions and upload the tracks if possible you are having the issues with. Just because you have the issue doesnt mean everyone else does so at least if Pioneer sees whats going on, they can look further into it by having verified steps, tracks, etc..... Trust me, you should see the amount of videos on my youtube page, LOL

I can confirm however I used RB 1.5.4 last night, 2000 FW 4.20 and had no issues whatsoever creating loops and having them hold for a good minute while I was mixing in another beat, this was with quantize "off" if that helps at all. 

BriChi 0 voti