Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

19 follower Segui

CDJ-2000 MK1 Loops

Another one for your engineers, since the update of either Rekordbox 2.0.1 or the firmware 4.20 loops are now unusable, keep going out on tracks that used to stay in!!

The only thing that has changed on my once 'working ok' setup is pioneer updated firmware or software....I wish I never updated either!!!!!

Please get this sorted!!

Gary Mac

Il post è chiuso ai commenti.

147 commenti

Dont still have the mac install file for 1.5.4 by any chance? 

Just realised the 1.6 download is for pc!

cdjbasile 0 voti
Azioni per commenti Permalink

@ cdjbasile: Sorry, I mean cdj2000 with fw 4.20 and rekordbox 1.6.2 make no problem. But I had some other issues. So I roll back the fw to 4.10. It doesnt mater which cdj fw you use, drifting loops are a rekordbox problem.

steve 0 voti

thanks for the clarification steve.

Just need to get a 1.6 mac rekordbox download now

cdjbasile 0 voti

I can confirm! I was using FW 4.20 RB 2.0.1 and was experiencing loop drifting. 

I have just put some tracks on a different usb to my usual using RB 1.5.4 and the looping is much better, just a minor pitch bends needed to keep some of the loops in time, the rest of the loops are spot on :)

Thanks everyone :)

Paulie_p 0 voti

Question to the mates that did move back to previous RB versions. Is it necessary to uninstall the whole thing and then start from zero with a new installation of RB?

I am asking this cause I've been having the following issues. I did install the 1.6.2 and then removed 2.0.1. I removed the analized files folder and ordered the program to re analize all my tracks. When checking the grids and loops to fix anything that may need adjustment and I noticed the third loop assigned to letter C key wasnt starting on the right spot (even with quantized on). Clicking B and C several times I noticed the C loop sometimes was starting at the right spot on grid and sometimes out of it (a little bit backwards). If this also is happening during the mix on the CDJs the drift would certainly happen because the loop then goes bigger than 16 beats. Could that be a remaining problem of 2.0.1 (I dont think so because i removed the files that contain the track analisis)? I can easily make a movie of that problem if needed.

Stroboscope 0 voti

Please note that the engineers have informed me that this issue has been corrected and will be available in the next rekordbox update!

Pulse 0 voti

Pulse can you give us a better idea of what the issue was? The reason I am wondering is some are saying it was the way the new rekordbox analyzed beatgrids, but i have done all mine manually. Was it the way rekordbox was saving the loops or grids to usb?

Dj Daywalker 0 voti

Hi Pulse,

You said: 'Please note that the engineers have informed me that this issue has been corrected and will be available in the next rekordbox update!'

I was wondering if you had any idea when the next Rekordbox update will be out?

Thanks!

Adam

Adam Parsons 0 voti

@Gavin

Cheers!

CDJ 2000 Nexus Firmware update out today too, so hopefully my gear will do as its told soon :-)

Adam Parsons 0 voti

haven't tested it yet but im very interested in hearing from other user experiences

EpikureeR 0 voti

I have downloaded and tested 2.0.2 and am pleased to announce that the loops are once again stable :-)

DJ Dave H 0 voti

Gavin I reverted back to 1.6 but kept a 2.01 backup. Can I just install 2.02 and restore the 2.01 backup in it. Or do tracks needs reanalysed

cdjbasile 0 voti

Or alternatively do I reinstall 2.01, restore the 2.01 database in it, then update it to 2.02?!

cdjbasile 0 voti

do I need to do anything special to get the updated record box data in the files to work. I would rather not have to reanalyzes and warp all the files again. (some what frustrating that I have to do that with every record box update).

my hope is that I can just re export the files to the sd card, and it will work. any one know if that is the case? 

Scott Kilpatrick 0 voti

@Scott > Do you mean analyse for missing data or a total re-analysis?

Analyse For Missing Data only adds the additional waveform information and the key of the track. 

A total re-analysis isn't so much of a big deal any more as the algorithm has been tightened up.

Gavin 0 voti

@Gavin> So what you mean is that a total re-analysis will also add waveform and key of the track or do you have to to do both a total re-analysis and Analyse for missing Data to get all features?

Taang 0 voti

@Taang > If you are coming from a previous version of rekordbox (less than 2.0 - which has analysed the tracks before) and you are updating to rekordbox 2.0.2 and you need to analyse for the key and extra waveform for use on the CDJnexus, then you only need to choose Analyse For Missing Data.

A total re-analysis will have the same results but it will take longer and re-analyse all the beatgrids on every track.

Gavin 0 voti

Thanks for that clarification Gavin! Cant wait until Friday night when I can use all the features again :-)

Taang 0 voti

@Taang > You're welcome, glad it clears up any questions you had.

To everyone else, I'm now closing this thread as I believe the issue has been resolved - please update rekordbox to 2.0.2

Gavin 0 voti