Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

20 follower Segui

[CLOSED] CDJ-2000Nexus new FW1.21

Ver.1.20 -> Ver.1.21 (19 November, 2013 Update)

- Fixed some issues when using the Needle Search pad function.

- Fixed an issue where a sorted playlist would not be shown as it was when returning to it from one layer above.

- Fixed an issue where the Master Player would be switched when an Active Loop starts.

@BriChi - U wanna handle this one? :-)

Taang

Il post è chiuso ai commenti.

117 commenti

there were 2 issues with master light that were fixed

1. the master would not switch when sync was off when used linked with a 900/2000 mixer

2. when an active loop was used, it would cause master to switch

BriChi 0 voti
Azioni per commenti Permalink

Will wait few days so this way you can test it better. What do you think more or less now? Its recommended an update?

Sergio Amado North Trance 0 voti

been playing for almost 2 hours right now, seems working fine. No probs with needle strip.

Julia O 0 voti

Looks fine then... let's see if someone else tells something more

it happend 2 times now...i beatmatch, bpm on display, sync the phase by ear and then after a while the beat drifts.

Julia O 0 voti

mmmm let me keep on playning a see if it was my mistake or the cdj

Julia O 0 voti

Will keep reading don't worry. 1.13 works fine for me for the moment.

So what did it happen? You beatmatch and then one song goes away?

yes, i was pretty sure that the bpm value was the same on the display of both cdjs. but now in almost 2 hours did not happen again, it was probably my mistake. like you push the pitchfader until you reach the value you want and then when you take away the finger probably you touch it and move it a bit without realizing

Julia O 0 voti

well, yes, I played longer...got addicted by mixify as usual LOL and problem did not come, i think it was my mistake, probably pushing the pitchfader after the beatmatch without realizing. I'm happy with this fw and the master/slave is fixed...probably i will never update the cdjs again LOL too much risk...

Julia O 0 voti

@BRICHI hey when you get a chance are you able to post what was not fixed as far as bugs after this latest version 1.21.  I am thinking of purchasing these players now that I can get a huge discount on the nexus as they where never worth 2000 each player even if it did work as it should.  But I would like to know what bugs are left that have not been fixed after this update.  

DJ NVASION 0 voti

I say get them if you see a good deal. the bugs I have found are not complete show stoppers, just inconveniences 

1. If you set a memory point, jump to it, hit play and then wait a minute or 2 and hit "OUT" to loop back, 15 seconds or so later it goes into emergency loop

2. at times auto load of 1-2 hot cues takes up to 10-15 seconds and the deck is locked while you wait for them to load

3. while trying to use sort options sometimes the screen goes back a page caused by the other deck, 

4. the hot starts still load a lot slower then the MK1's when linked to RB

those are just off the top of my head, there may be more, it's been a while since I looked back on reported bugs

BriChi 0 voti

No, on USB they load much faster, It's only when linked to a laptop using RB where it loads slower

BriChi 0 voti

I actually force myself to play off USB more and leave the laptop open only for searching when needed just so everything loads quick

BriChi 0 voti

Really? I got booth of them here 2k's and nexus and with the same usb equipment i can say that the 2k's are faster at loading autocues (even if in the 2k's the word "auto" is not correct :) ). But if you say that the difference is bigger when the are linked to RB, then it must be big difference.. I try it out also and report back.

Anastasio 0 voti

ok cool, it's definitely there, friends of mine switched of to RB recently too from serato, to ease the transition they use their Macbook linked to get use to it all and they even said the hot cues load a little slow, I told them right away to get onto the USB drive because they load much quicker. Yes it's only a difference of a second or two but at times we are in a rush to drop tracks in based on introductions and such so it helps a lot, I like to drop the track and hit play immediately, this cannot be done at the moment, I wish they would let you play the track and load the cues in the background!!

BriChi 0 voti

and the worst part is the competition loads the cues instantly upon track load at half the price so clearly this can be done with $4000 in decks

BriChi 0 voti

Hope all this can be solved on next updates...

So here's the question: for those of us who are still on 1.13, is there any reason NOT to upgrade? Are the bugs that were introduced in 1.20 resolved now?

MouseAT 0 voti

Hi MouseAT, the bug introduced in 1.20 was the needle search strip going crazy. I played five hours yesterday ewith the 1.21 and I did not have any problem with the needle search, plus I saw that the stuff implemented in 1.20 (the master/slave auto switch and the exiting from loop mode and going back to waveform) was also working problem.

Julia O 0 voti

That sounds positive. In that case, I may consider updating the players. Automatic master switching could come in useful.

MouseAT 0 voti

Any problem working with loops using needle? Any problem using needle while searching inside tracks?

The million question...

Recommended update?

Sergio, I do not work with loops and needle at the same time, in general I use loops very rarely, so I cannot say anything about it. If you want I can test if you tell me what would be the operations that you need to do.

Searching inside the tracks with the needle works properly, I do it almost every time that I load a track (quick check of the levels to see if i need to touch the gain on the mixer and pre-listen to check if the two tracks play well together).

Julia O 0 voti

If you could check that loops don't crash or freeze its enough

Brichi I live for that moment to see this players loading instantly the hot cues... Even if it takes a bit more to load the mp3.. I report back after i test the load times between 2k's and nexus.

Anastasio 0 voti

Sergio, I did some tests, played loops, shortened them, made them longer, on both cdjs, needle searching on onecdj  while the other was looped and so on and I haven't seen anything wrong.

Only one thing is funny, but i'm not sure whether it's a bug or not, probably not because what i do makes no sense :P Following:

I stop the track pushing the platter, and set the start of the loop.

Then with the needle search I put the end of the loop much further down the track, like 2 or 3 minutes later.

I release the platter and it starts playing, then I turn the knob to zoom out, just curious to see where the loop ends. When I zoom out the cdj goes into emergency loop and stays there until a load another track.

To me it makes sense that the cdj is not able to take a loop longer a few minutes, the memory for the loop should be small and take only a few bars a not a few minutes :)

Julia O 0 voti