Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

20 follower Segui

[CLOSED] CDJ-2000Nexus new FW1.21

Ver.1.20 -> Ver.1.21 (19 November, 2013 Update)

- Fixed some issues when using the Needle Search pad function.

- Fixed an issue where a sorted playlist would not be shown as it was when returning to it from one layer above.

- Fixed an issue where the Master Player would be switched when an Active Loop starts.

@BriChi - U wanna handle this one? :-)

Taang

Il post è chiuso ai commenti.

117 commenti

@tasos, Here is a quick video with auto loading of 3 hot cues, same track, the left deck is pulling from the USB drive and the right from RB linked to laptop. Clearly the left decks starts up a second quicker, at times the decks take even longer to load the cues and play, yet the MK1 is lightning fast

at 3 seconds you can hear me click to load on both decks at the exact same time: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-JZR4J6wSP0

BriChi 0 voti
Azioni per commenti Permalink

Hey everyone, I'm pretty sure the first fix listed regarding the needle search pad behavior was what I reported back in September.  When I tried to do a backspin/rewind and immediately tried to needle-search to the beginning of the track it would start reversing.  That's been fixed in 1.21.  I also have a little bit of lag/buffer that BriChi has when I needle search tracks that are loaded over a USB HDD, but I always figured it was just a part of doing business with digital files.  Hope this helps.  

Ed Porter 0 voti

Brichi sorry for not posting the video i promissed yet, i will make it till monday, was too busy last week.. I saw yours, you are right, but i got same and different results. On some tracks happens the same with you, on some others i got faster load from rekordbox (lan). You will see on the video.

Anastasio 0 voti

looks as if the USB is slow on yours in general, My USB seems to load a lot faster then in your video, Maybe the drive i have just has much faster read speeds?

BriChi 0 voti

Dunno if my is generaly slower than your usb, but i can make another video with exporting to the usb hdd i use and u will see 7k tracks export from rekordbox in 12-15 min. Also the read speed is great, i use ssd. The tracks are all 320 mp3 checked for errors.

you made me curious now, i I thought that was the most i get from speed.

Anastasio 0 voti

maybe the file type then? I use AAC 320, all on a 256 Samsung SSD

BriChi 0 voti

Could be.. I have intel ssd but, don't think that would be that much of a difference on usb2.0 port from the nexus..

Anastasio 0 voti

had a party last night, nexus went into emergency loop about 3 times after a few hours of playing....... done it  about 3 times right out of the blue.... just playing tunes no loops, nothing................ regretting updating, regretting buying a nexus, mk1 is so stable :(

Zeus Tunage 0 voti

I wish I didn't read this! Now I am scared.

I have a corporate gig this weekend with 350 people attending. I hope the DJ Gods will be watching over me :-/

walter_white 0 voti

as scary as it is to read that, also read that I have done about 6-7 5 hour gigs with 1.21 with no issues at all

BriChi 0 voti

1.21 since two weeks now, used allmost every days, not problems on my side ...

Marc Madoc 0 voti

Yes with no doubt update. Working properly.

Sergio Amado North Trance 0 voti

1.21 Has seemed more stable to me aswell, HD is still crashing but its happened less often. They have seemed more solid over the holiday period so im happy with that, shame its taken 16 months to properly move forward. Thank you for that, but you can't blame people for viewing you band had been severely tarnished by the poor standard of firmware previous to 1.21 over the last 16 months (No Dig at Gavin who has tried his best to move things forward)

Also other technology has caught up in the mean time.

Still no news or results on Remote Box support, I see you have upgraded the app for the Aero again to include selected features from Remotebox, again you have MISS OUT the FLAGSHIP CDDJ Owners :: We dont have access to the new features on updated RB on the Ipad or IPhone or Andriod and STILL Dont have RemoteBox for 2000 Nexus. You STILL can not plug your HD into the Nexus and control it via the Ipad app (to support proper features like a touch screen and keyboard). Not every DJ has £900 for a Ipad 5 128GB to hold half of your collection.

Poor show Pioneer Tech People............ POOR SHOW 

DJccccc 0 voti

Thanks for support! I do the update 1,06 -1,21 to night.

DJEHU 0 voti

Worth is, 1.21 is the only firmware ive not had as many issues with 

Time for PIONEER TO UP THERE GAME now with the App side of things.

Personally I cant wait for Serato DJ 1.6, Pioneer should take a very close look at the release strategy and Serato Migration plan - in how to release a product, have a decent time in beta (Serato 1.6a - in Beta testing now) - before its majority released on its customers. If they can be as forward thinking as they have been over the last 6 months with there route to merging and migrating software - Surely Pioneer can get it right regards Rekordbox.

Weather it Remotebox or Rekordbox - Personally, I think the current set up weather on a laptop or using a Ipad or Android is about as user UNFRIENDLY as you can get 

PIONEER UP YOUR GAME !!

DJccccc 0 voti

Thanks BriChi....I had a gear night however I decided to play it safe and didn't use RB at all.

walter_white 0 voti

IM AT VERSION 1.13 AND MY PIONEER WONT LET ME UPDATE TO 1.21 CAN SOMEBODY PLEASE HELP ME!! CDJ2000 NEXUS MY CDJS WONT RECOGNIZE ANY OF Y USB DRIVES I TRIED ABOUT 3 OF THEM AND I FORMATTED THEM ALSO PLEASE HELP!!!

D.j. Guero 0 voti

make sure the drive is formatted FAT for one and 2, Make sure ONLY the file C2KNXS.UPD is on the root of the drive, nothing else and make sure it is named EXACTLY that, if there is anything like a "1" in there it will not update

C2KNXS.UPD will update

C2KNXS1.UPD WILL NOT

BriChi 0 voti

I think that both of my players must have been blessed by the CDJ god. I've never had some issue with them. Bought them approx. a year ago, played them for a couple hundred hours and always used the current firmware. 

U.S. Government 0 voti

I see not alot changed in the time since I last used this Forum; dodgy untested updates, lack of respect for it's customers, not the industry standard I'd like to protray if I was Pioneer. However, I couldn't find a another CDJ to beat or match the 2000nxs so here I am back again and with a DJM2000nxs too. My CDJs came with the latest FW an so far no issues to report,  I'm loving the set up and they'll be geting a solid workout this weekend.

Louis Clarke 0 voti

Coming back to this thread I see that the usual 2 months' release cycle is broken now. I think the reason could be one the following:

1. The 2000 Nexus is perfect and it needs no further firmware fix

2. Pioneer has a new excellent policy for implementing a strict quality control and now the beta testing is extended and thorough before releasing a new firmware version so the cycle is now longer

3. The poor engineer (or engineers?) who works on the Nexus firmware is overloaded with fixing tons of bugs and testing the 900Nexus and the new DDJ SZ and has no time for the 2000Nexus.

Bets are open, I put my money on option 3.

Julia O 0 voti