Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

投稿

6フォロワー フォローする

rekordbox for Android: ability to read directly from a SD card

Hi guys,

I am doing a couple of tests with rekordbox for android as I am planning a migration from CDJ 1000s and DDJ-T1 to a XDJ Aero in a near future and I've got into this situation:

I did all the track analysis through rekordbox for MacOS in my MacBook and then I've exported a couple of tracks to my SD using the device panel, dragging and dropping these tracks I wanted to the "All Tracks folder" into the SD.

Then I've browsed the SD card and noticed that the rekordbox Contents folder is there, with the tracks I've selected before. Looks like everything's went fine.

I plugged the SD card into an Android tablet I do own here which have a SD slot. Then I plugged the card into it and launched rekordbox 2.0.1.

So I thought myself: as I already did all the import using the MacOS version of rekordbox, I was expecting to jump from the "Import" step directly to the "Prepare" one. So I did: hit the "Prepare Button" and then for my surprise, the tracks wasn't being showed there...

I've returned to the main menu and hit the "Import" button and I can see all files that are stored in the SD (the ones that are into the Contents folder and the ones that aren't located into it too) are there but when I do the "Import" directly through the app, it copies these files to the tablet's memory, which is limited and don't have enough space to host all the tracks from the SD card.

Is there a way in which I can do all the analysis and the import in my laptop and then after, when running the Anrdoid app, be able to have all these tracks and informations being read directly from SD, without the need to Import to the tablet's own memory? 

Thanks in advance!

Jeff Char

サインインしてコメントを残してください。

91件のコメント

I noticed this thread since I just bought an Android device (second hand & rooted) to test the Rekordbox workflow some more. Terrible app, yet I can't complain. IT'S Free!!! :-D

Seems pioneer is still in saving mode. I guess the C.E.O.'s have to skip a holiday this year and the App department had to stop developing for a while, to save some money and make sure our favorite hardware vendors will not go broke. Anyway, some updates, but we didn't buy enough gear to really upgrade the software to the specs of 2016 (Instead they go back about four years. As does this thread.)

But hey! Android is like Windows XP. We like that! (not). Anyway, it means we can 'mod' away. And just for your info: I found the right mod (took me two weeks and I didn't check if it was mentioned here already).

I started trying to work with a program that creates the symlinks knowing that this must be the technique used to pass files through to the Ext. SD. But I wasn't happy with it. It also created all kinds of double entries in diverse Media Databases. One of them being MediaMonkey, which I really need as the core of my Media management. Managing your library can better not be done through Rekordbox since it doesn't have any tools to service the back end (database) of that library. So there's only one way if it get's screwed up: throw it away and start again.

I only use it to read, import/ export Playlists from an iTunes.xml and I am a very happy user of the Sync Manager. Unfortunately not used to read from your Android or iOS collection database so it cannot keep playlists in sync for the latter.

Now, here is what you can do to give any Android App in a UAC version of Android (Kittkat and above I think I understand). You only need to add one line in a file called:
'Packages.xml'. The folder hides in a rooted device in:
/data/system/

Copy the file to a place where it is easy editable with f.e. notepad++. Rename the file to PackagesNEW.xml and then do the folowing:
1. Search for pioneer in the file, it will find the name of the .apk package installed.
2. There you should see some lines between <perms> and </perms>. That is where the permissions will be set on boot.
3. Add: <item name="android.permission.WRITE_MEDIA_STORAGE" granted="true" flags="0" /> to the rest of the permissions.
4. Save the file and move it or copy it back to the original location in the root of your device, /data/system/
5. Rename the existing file to PackagesOLD.xml (and save it for backup if you wanna). Rename the new file to Packages.xml.

6. Reboot your device

7. In Rekordbox App settings point to the new library location; /Storage/ExtSDCardName/(anywhere).

This can be done for any application on a rooted device. Rekordbox will now have read and write(/changes) access to your beloved External SD.

ShonkaiDJ 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink