Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

Publication

27 abonnés S’abonner

CDJ 2000 Firmware 4.10 Feedback

Hi all,

Please post here your tests and feedbacks of the Ver.4.10 firmware for CDJ 2000 ... Thx

L V G

Cette publication n’accepte pas de commentaire.

183 commentaires

Brilliant Mark. I was wondering how you'd react!

I think the new MT sounds great, well done pioneer.... all those posts/arguments on the old board were worthwhile!

Phil 0 votes
Actions pour les commentaires Permalien

Like the profile pic Mark, very interested to get you views too, they should be the same as mine?

Effect 0 votes

everythings great except for one of my cdj's keeps stopping during playback with usb and LAN pro connection to rekordbox any suggestions?

jamie 0 votes

Been using my 2000's with 4.10 for the last 2 days.

I noticed instant improvement with M.T.

The players now play like cdj1000's. which is exactly how i like it.

Greg Carr 0 votes

@jamie > Please open your own thread to address your issue - you will need to provide us with details of your setup and configuration.

Gavin 0 votes

did a gig last night, for the first time, leaving MT on the whole night. it works great! used it over Pro DJ link w/ router, no problems at all. 

djchuckc 0 votes

I dj'ed last night for the first time using the master tempo with zero issues.

I'm also looking forward to a Recordbox update because of error message. This happened about 10 times when playing music, aggressive with hot cues and change of pitch to 100%.

Thanks Pioneer!!

Jason Ferguson 0 votes

I must say that I'm in two minds about this upgrade.  I mucked about with a bunch of retro tunes I wanted to incorporate into a set yesterday - it seemed so difficult.  Tracks I had mixed 5-10 years ago with no difficulty seeming to be difficult (I was persevering with MT) , was making me feel like i was past it. Today, after seeing the firmware upgrade and installing it, the difference was sublime.  It was so easy.  I'm not naive, so I understand that we all have good and bad days, but . . . 

It's awesome that the 2000s finally do what I expected.  It's kinda irritating that I had to wait this long suffering through the "it's really ok except for a few specific tracks" platitudes.

So thank you to Pioneer for the fix, and big ups for those who did their best to make this seem a minor glitch in the mean time.  Given  the scale of improvement I have just witnessed, you guys did  fantastic job also.

Kratonic 0 votes

Who was the person that made that youtube video ? :)

The video where you recorded the line out with Cubase and saw the mastertempo drifting.

If it is possible , you should do the same again :) same songs , same pitch ...  and then let's see whats the result!

TheOne 0 votes

@ theone i was thinking at the same thing. it will be good to see that test.

oreste 0 votes

It was Marianeugen who posted the video.  They used Cubase to do it I believe.

Mark90 0 votes

i'm not sure what a video is going to achieve, we can all clearly hear that MT is vastly improved. it's just as good now as the cdj1000 mk3 which is all we ever wanted in the first place.

the video was done because there were many people on here that couldn't hear the problem, or were wrongly assuming the causes of the problem and this video cleared a lot of that up and maybe contributed to getting it fixed.

Phil 0 votes

DId a five hour set on my 2000's last night. I noticed that warble with Master Tempo is much more discreet. I never got the tempo drifting on the previous Firmware. Thumbs up to Pioneer!

Richie 0 votes

Thanks for the feedback, glad you are happy with the update.

Gavin 0 votes

As one of the [annoying] people who've gone on, and on, and on, about Master Tempo over near-on the past 2 years, I'm sure my profile picture to the left doesn't leave much unsaid.  :)  In any case, I should probably air my views.

I've had several '4.10' sessions, and they have been very impressive.  I covered the BPM readouts and just got on with mixing, checking the accurracy of the BPM values after each mix and quietly noting the 'difficulty'...

They were all spot on accurrate right down to the exact 0.02% increment and I had no difficulty issues with Jitter.

This appears to be a momentus update.

I would now say that the CDJ-2000's are at least on a par with the CDJ-1000 MK3 as far as Master Tempo is concerned.

Also, I was being very aggressive, mixing across a pitch range of around -2% up to +3%... incredible, as we know the negative ranges and larger ranges are worst affected.

I'm looking forwards to spending more time on my decks now, as seriously the MT issue really put me off and made me yearn for my 1000 MK3's back on many an occassion.  Gladly though the years of persistence have paid off, and Pioneer have taken real steps to finally acknowledge and vanquish the Jitter we've had to put up with.

Credit where credit is due, whilst the mysterious Engineers do deserve [most of] the grief they get from us about fixing issues (hey, we all need motivation!), we must acknowledge the fact that they have worked hard and provided truly worthwhile updates, so thank you to them.  Thanks to Pioneer who finally came around to recognise the issue, and also we should all thank ourselves - forum and non-forum members alike - for persisting for a fix and helping to shape these fantastic products.

So, many thanks Pioneer for this Grade A update!!  I hope you continue to astound us.

P.S.  We know you listen now... ;)

Mark90 0 votes

@Mark90 > thanks for your comments. It wasn't just a case of the engineers failing to recognise the problem but proper diagnosis and rebuilding the algorithm. That took a lot of time.

Gavin 0 votes

And I am sure the wait was worth it, looking forward to using them this weekend with MT finally back on, I used to have an issue where the track would sound like it would skip in the middle of playing, all the times this happened MT was on so I am hoping that that was with the issue was and it is not something else :)

BriChi 0 votes

I had a bit of time using MT this weekend and I have to agree in terms of keeping everything in time it's far more solid as you no longer feel you're wrestling with the beats. Another MASSIVE boon by using MT (never really used it before) is the fact that any small adjustments to keep in synch don't affect the pitch - obvious I know but after ditching MT since having the players this thrills me. 

Question to all - would you considering recording a mix having MT permanently switch on ? 

PaulM72 0 votes

@Gavin > I never meant to imply that the engineers failed to recognise the problem.  I can imagine it took a very long time to identify and resolve.  The end result is all important though, it's great, it's pretty much where it should be, and everyone should be happy, hopefully.

@BriChi > I reckon that was MT at work, I think you'll be pleasantly surprised.

@Paulm72 > In the past I would happily record a mix on the 1000 MK3's with MT on.  When the 2000's came out, I tried to, but the results were unacceptable.  This ended up with me not producing anywhere near as many mix CDs as I used to as I had to severely limit my track choices.  I also ended up getting an SL2 to try and remedy the situation.  Now though, I WILL be recording mix CDs on my 2000's, with MT on.  It's that simple.

Mark90 0 votes

Cheers Mark, the reason why I ask is you do notice though with MT on that because the signal has been reprocessed tweaks are not quite as responsive than with MT off. 

Please don't take this as a criticism Pioneer just an observation. 

CDJ2000's are now brilliant machines 

PaulM72 0 votes

@Mark > Oh I know that - its just a lengthy procedure of testing and re-testing and then tweaking. We appreciate the criticism, we want these players to be as good as you expect them to be too.

Gavin 0 votes

Two years of waiting is not a lenghty procedure of testing, re-testing and then tweaking bro, it's just plain ignorance, and nothing else.

I'm very glad for all of you MT is finally working as it should though.

For me personally, after another one of those E83xx-errors last month, freezing one of my players, patience exhausted, sold my gear.

Arie Lekstman 0 votes

Greetings from Gothenburg, Sweden!

I registered just to give my thanks to Pioneers engineers - awesome job!

I haven't owned my CDJs for very long, but the less-than-satisfactory MT left me feeling quite disappointed in them. Updated last night and my cheeks are starting to cramp up from all the smiling. ;)

Daniel 0 votes

I didnt get a chance to update my players till day before yesterday and yesterday I had a gig so I updated asap. OMG, finally I can mix tightly on my 2000s without having to adjust the jog wheel as often as I had to and mmmm I love it. Felt just as right as it did on my trusty 1000 MK3s, thank u pioneer, just wish u had done it sooner!!!

Sid Viscious 0 votes

Did any one run a simple test, 2 same songs lets say 128 bpm at 0,0 pitch with master tempo on and off. The one player plays the song normaly, at the second just press the 4 beat loop button. What happens? Stay at the same bpm or not...?

Anastasio 0 votes

tasos I tested using all the loops. It is 99% correct. Most times I didn't have to adjust loop. If I did which was hardly ever it was only by 0.1 of a frame.

Ric Rush 0 votes

Whilst playing out on Friday night I was getting digital skipping on tracks using Link mode from one HD. It happened on 3-4 tracks throughout the night but was enough of a jump to knock the beats out of sync! Anyone else experienced this? The week before I wasn't using 4.10 and it didn't happen at all in a 5 hour period. To be more precise the digital skipping was happening in the same place on the tracks every time. 

Richie 0 votes

@Arie > We were dealing with multiple issues, not just one that took two years.

@Daniel > Thanks for taking the time to register and let us know your feedback.

@Sid > I wish we could have pushed it out faster too, alas, here we are now and things are good.

@Richie > Can you reproduce this issue with the same tracks again? Have you tried analysing the tracks with mp3val?

Gavin 0 votes