Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

Publication

27 abonnés S’abonner

CDJ 2000 Firmware 4.10 Feedback

Hi all,

Please post here your tests and feedbacks of the Ver.4.10 firmware for CDJ 2000 ... Thx

L V G

Cette publication n’accepte pas de commentaire.

183 commentaires

Mp3val should be the standard. Nothing goes through without it! I tell everyone to use it. Does anyone not use it in here?

Ric Rush 0 votes
Actions pour les commentaires Permalien

Glad you all like the fix.

Just a tip tho -- "persisting to get a fix" is for junkies, not DJs who have problems with gear.  As I tell my kids, nagging will get you nowhere, but asking politely works wonders.  ;)

Pulse 0 votes

@Ric Rush

I love Mp3val, it's the only tagging programme I would ever dream of using!

Stereojack 0 votes

At the weekend a recorded a one hour Uplifting Trance set with MT enabled on both players for the whole mix.  Today I got to listen to it on headphones and it sounded OK, I never noticed any wierd effects at all, so my thumbs are still pointing up.

Effect 0 votes

Hello,

Just my 2 cents on the feedback thread.

First of all a huge thanks to Gavin and Pulse for listening and forwarding all of our thoughts and concerns to the Pioneer Engineers.

It is really appreciated and widely respected for a manufacturer to responds and treat it's customers as valued, no matter if it has to be for a flagship model or for the cheapest model in the proiduct range.

In terms of testing now, to be honest I do not have too much time lately to interfere with my decks. However I found some free time to do the firmware updating and a test with a couple transitions in order to see it here is any difference or not.

To my surprise it really was! I made transitions without even using headphones or something, just by putting a bunch of Progressive House tracks playing and trying to synchronise them using both the fader and the wheel and by setting Master Tempo ON. HUGE difference compared to the prior firmware and I did not notice almost any signs of drifting. After synching the tracks, I just put my hand once or twice to adjust the synch and this happened after 30-60seconds, not less, which I personally find normal. I mixed a couple more tracks with the same procedure and switched off my decks.

The test was made using 2 pressed Audio CDs (no Rekordbox presence or something).

I am very satisfied with the result and it is miles away from the previous failure.

I will come back another time to post my other tests (using USB. MP3s and SD with or without the use and quantization of RekordBox).

Once again thank you foir this major improvement.

Now I have to deal with the Windows 7 x64 driver failure of my DJM-2000 (which I will post some results in my previously opened thread that Pulse responded).

All the best,

Panos.

panoulix 0 votes

Did something daring last night and played out a set at a club with a reasonable sound system with MT=On on both decks the whole time, mixing some of the more problematic transitions with tracks of significantly dissimilar tempo (nominally 133bpm set, some 128.5, some 140bpm.)   Sounded great!  All files were .AIF lossless, if that is of interest.

On another note, I'm wondering if I'm loosing my mind, or does an export of tracks to a thumb drive sometimes loose cue points or hot cues?   I can totally believe I forgot to hit Memory or a hot cue during programming, but it's happening often enough I want to know other's experiences so that a trip to the neurosurgeon is planned post-haste...

pope 0 votes

hola a todos,necesitaria que me ayuden,instale la actualizacion 4.10 pero al estar actualizando la barra de abajo no se actualizaba,si lo hacia la de arriba. me instalo la version 4.10 pude comprobarlo,pero el problema es que se va de cuadratura el pitch facilmente no es estable, como puedo hacer, gracias.

adrian palmioli 0 votes

@Adriam Palmioli > If you have an issue please open your own thread, this thread is for feedback only.

The players don't always update 'all the bars' - so what you described (and what Google translated for me) is entirely normal.

Gavin 0 votes

@Effect, do you host your mixes online anywhere?

Mark90 0 votes

I can not compare with the previous version 4.10, because I just got the cdj 2000, one problem for me is a gel cdj screen when I use the search function for needle loops realized, I did not this problem of freezing all the time, is the only way to restore this gel is to cut the cdj

michel franck 0 votes

@micelfranck > The freezing issue is being investigated.

Pulse 0 votes

speaking of freezing, when i load a track thorught proDJ link, and hit the call button right after (almost instantly), the deck will freeze. it rarely happens, and i believe only when i'm calling a loop that set as the first memory cue. i leave auto-cue off as most my tracks have a first cue or loop point set.

djchuckc 0 votes

suddenly stopped working with me last night. had to turn off and on again praying for everything coming back working again. It did but there was silence on the dancefloor. Pioneer FAIL again.

Setup: 2 cdjs2000 + djm 800 - 1 hd western digital my passport laying on air cushion. It wasn't about the vibrating thing cause it happened with me before at home even with memory sticks.

PIONEER SHOULD TAKE THIS STUFF MORE SERIOUSLY! SHAME!

Stroboscope 0 votes

This is my set up. Two CDJ 2000's and a DJM 2000 all networked to my apple laptop running Rekordbox via ethernet cables. All hardware and software is updated to the most recent versions. During my two hour set last night the CDJ I was cueing on locked up (froze) I could not load another song onto it and obviously the song that was loaded would not play. The buttons did nothing. The CDJ that was playing was working fine but time was running out on the song. In a moment of panic I turned off the CDJ that had locked up, I thought this was a bad idea but as far as I know that was my only choice? That totally screwed up the link and then when I tried to load a new song quickly to the working deck it started playing the new song but then stopped after about 5 sec. The only option was to reboot my computer and power cycle the CDJ/DJM setup. 

This all happened at about 1:30am for a packed club, bad timing. I have run into this once before with an old firmware version on the CDJ's but from what I remember I was able to switch the "unlock / lock" switch to "unlock" and drop a new song onto the deck and work around it. I tried that this time and it did not work. It really is a horrible situation. Any advice on how to recover from this without several minutes of silence would be appreciated, thank you. 

dustin cook 0 votes

@Stroboscope > As we've noted before, Western Digital Passport drives have been problematic, especially those with power-saving features/modes.  Check with the manufacturer for a utility to disable these settings.

@dustin > Mobile DJs will tell you that having a backup is ESSENTIAL, even if it means having a CD loaded into a 3rd player, just sitting there in case the worst happens.  When the players froze, did they have an error message or was it just a lock-up?  Was there any scrolling in the displays (song titles, etc)?  Jog display?

Pulse 0 votes

the club does not have a third CDJ. I will look into setting up another CD player on another free input on the master house mixer, that would have saved me. 

No error message was displayed, as far as I can remember everything looked "normal" but I did notice that the light around the "cue" button was not lit up and I remember that happening when I had this issue in the past, that was actually the first thing that told me this could be bad. Thanks

dustin cook 0 votes

Also I want to point out the only one player froze the other one went south due to me power cycling the frozen deck when it was liked I think. 

dustin cook 0 votes

was your drive plugged into the deck that froze or did the other deck go south which had the source also?

I always keep an sd card loaded in both players so if a deck goes down, i know I can resort to dropping in a track off an SD card, yeah it will sound like crap but better then dead air

BriChi 0 votes

Everything was linked to my computer via a ethernet cable and I was using rekordbox

dustin cook 0 votes

gotcha, thats weird that the other deck messed up when you rebooted one deck. I have your same setup, 2 cdj's linked to my mac, I have had a cdj freeze on my in which case I reboot it but it never effected the other one

BriChi 0 votes

Yes I think it has to do with linking thru the DJM 2000 I don't think they system likes it when you just turn off a deck that is liked? that really is not the issue it's the fact the the deck I was cueing on froze.

dustin cook 0 votes

I could be wrong, but from reading a lot of people that have link issues, freezing and errors, it seems most of them come from a DJM2000, Maybe whatever switch they built into the 2000 is where the fault lies?  

can you try and replicate this all by not using the djm2000 switch, use an external one like a Linksys or Netgear and see if anything freezes up on ya, even if you reboot a deck. I know your main issue is the 1 deck froze, but theres a good place to start

BriChi 0 votes

Sounds to me like the solution is to ditch the DJM-2000 for an Allen & Heath.   ;)

Fuse Promote 0 votes

@ Pulse: this happened also with a usb memory stick as I said. But during the gig it did with the my passport.

I know it's always great to have a way out of problems (3rd cdj) but that would be for EVENTUAL problems right??? This alreay broke the EVENTUAL barriers waaayyy long ago. I had another issue today that made my eye balls almost jump out but since people post different threads for different problems I will make another one for this unbelivable one.

Yes Fuse, I am starting to think the only way out is really to sell these stuff to a poor soul that doesnt know about the problems and buy something else since Pioneer is doing NOTHING to make who paid loads for these cdjs2000 being happy again.

I MISSSSSSSSSS MY 1000'S!!!!!!!!!!!

Stroboscope 0 votes

@ Pulse: I played again last night on the same setup I mentioned in my previous post and they did it again. All of the firmware was updated two weeks ago by me. Last weekend was smooth sailing but like I have said this past weekend both nights I had one CDJ lock up with a track loaded. I only use my apple laptop with Rekordbox to load music. 

Last night I did pay more attention to what the CDJ was doing when it "froze" none of playing functions worked but the link button did change my screen when I pushed it and then it gave me a "working" screen with a moving pinwheel of sorts that never stopped. I did not have time to wait I once again had to play an ipod and reboot the system and relink. BTW last night it was the other CDJ that I was cueing on not the same one from Friday night. Point is it rules out the players perhaps and makes it seem more like the Firmware 4.10 update it the reason for this new and annoying bug? At this point I'm wondering what I should do for next weekend? Can I revert to a previous Firmware version? Any info on why this is happening? Here is a vid link of this happening to someone else, I found this on youtube yesterday. Please advise.

Video LInk:   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=czLcQR3c_nI

dustin cook 0 votes

Dustin the same thing has happened to me and I'm using the link. Last night i saw the moving pinwheel and it didn't stop. i have three cdj 2000 so I turned off the player. Two weeks ago this happened during a father and daughter dance at a wedding.This is becoming a major issue and has me FREAKED OUT. I purchased all brand new cables on Friday hoping this would solve the issue. I may have to back to cd's until this is fixed. 

Question Pulse? People are having a issue so what is the problem? Cdj2000? Recordbox? My DJM 2000?...The HUB?,. Please help.

Jason Ferguson 0 votes

I do want to point out one more thing with the lock up / freeze issue. When you try to drag and drop a new song onto the CDJ via Rekordbox you can't. Rekordbox thinks the CDJ is playing the track and won't let you. 

dustin cook 0 votes

Your right once again Dustin. Same thing at my end.

Jason Ferguson 0 votes

@Jason and @dustin > Thanks for the follow-up information, we'll pass it along to the engineers for review and comment.

Pulse 0 votes