Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

Publication

27 abonnés S’abonner

CDJ 2000 Firmware 4.10 Feedback

Hi all,

Please post here your tests and feedbacks of the Ver.4.10 firmware for CDJ 2000 ... Thx

L V G

Cette publication n’accepte pas de commentaire.

183 commentaires

I played out last night one track "JUMPED" like it would if it was vinyl. And about an hour later on the other deck the music froze for about 1 sec.
Im using cdj 2k, net gear 1gig switch, new cables, 2mnth old macbook pro only used for djing. Got a big gig next week, might just take a load of usb's incase prolink fails

Greg Carr 0 votes
Actions pour les commentaires Permalien

@Stroboscope:  Why do you want your 1000's back?  You do realise that the 2000's play CDs too, right?

Mark90 0 votes

somebody please delete the other post. i want to edit but i don't know how. thanks. 

@ pio how can you explain this glitches who appear betwen 0:16 - 0:19??all tracks are analized with mp3val, mixed in key and rekordbox. firewall is off and i don't have antivirus or any other software on the computer. are installed only 3 programs rekordbox 1.5.1, traktor and ableton (wich i don't use).yesterday i defragmentated both partitions. i have firmware 4.10 so i think that i'm on topic.

http://www10.zippyshare.com/v/6981753/file.html

@marck90 i've sold 2 mk3 to buy a 2000 not to play cd's. if i wanted to play cd's i'd stayed whith mk3.

oreste 0 votes

i think i'm going insane. the last 4 hours i've doing ''tests'' and everithing is the same. i've analyzed them with the rb 1.5.1 & 1.5.2 and played them thru link and sd card. please, somebody download the archive, analyze them on your computer and play them thru link and/or sd to see if it's happend to you either the glitchs betwen 0:15 - 0:19. thanks. http://www37.zippyshare.com/v/46455375/file.html

p.s from this night i will stop beeing a beta tester for pioneer and even if i win the lottery i wouldn't buy another pioneer product. is frustraiting for me, a wannabe bedroom dj, i don't  want to think at the people who makes a living from this.

oreste 0 votes

@Greg > That sounds like it's a problematic track.  Could you send me a copy or post a link here?

Pulse 0 votes

@oreste > That sample sounds to me more like there's a problem with the file.  Is that the original or a recording from playback?

Pulse 0 votes

I'm also using a Mac Pro silver keys. This may help?

Jason Ferguson 0 votes

To be honest, I don't know what those are.  I just Googled it but all I found were results about replacing the keyboard and some accessories!  Enlighten me please!

Pulse 0 votes

I think he means the previous designed macbook pro that had the silver keys on the keyboard, not the newer black keys

BriChi 0 votes

Yes BriChi. My Mac Pro is 3 years old. I'm using Mac Leopard and not Mac Lion. Version is 10.6.8. 

Jason Ferguson 0 votes

@Mark90. Among other things that button you have on your picture used to work better on my 1k's...

Stroboscope 0 votes

@pulse are not recorded files in the second archive, that with 4 entire tracks and i'm afraid that are not only that 4 track from my entire collection with problems. i listen them in winamp and traktor pro2 and are no glitches so in my blelive is the 4.10 with problems. like i said, i've analyzed them on two computers and play them thru link and sd. everyone else had similar behavior (glitches) on some random tracks ?? thanks.

oreste 0 votes

I am a bit confused. I have been reading all of these posts with feedback about latest firmware. For me honestly I see huge MT improvements in firm4.10 comparing with previous firmwares. This is something that everyone here should accept because its obvious. On the other hand I believe that some ppl here still have problems. I cant tell anything about djm2000 because I never used it. I use an xone92. I never use HID mode or a laptop in my setup with cdj2000. I always use USB stick and when I change my playlists I always re-format the drive and export from RB again. I never had problems with play-pause or freezing cdjs except once which actually it was me that caused it. I used to add new playlists in USB stick with out re-formating it and at a point there were so many playlists in it that some tracks were corrupted. As soon as I formated the drive cdj2000 worked just fine. Here is a thread I posted during that time --->  http://forums.pioneerdj.com/entries/20658057-strange-thing-happened-yesterday-at-my-cdj2000.

Now for the loop issues, I also cant help cause If I want to make a loop I don't use quantized. I do it on fly by using in and out buttons and for me it is working this way. 

Dream Treez 0 votes

@oreste > Can you please post one of those tracks for us to look at?

Pulse 0 votes

Aha - sorry, I grabbed the first one and there was only one file in it.  I'm looking at the other one now.

Pulse 0 votes

@oreste > I just got a note from the engineers, they have checked your tracks and have noted the same glitches but this issue only occurred mainly with older firmwares; can you tell them where you got the tracks?  They would like to investigate the problem further.

Pulse 0 votes

Hi!A friend of mine has Cdj 2000 and he wants to upgrade the firmware.Current firmware 4.04.Does he need to get 4.05 first or just go for 4.10?Thanks in advance

DJ WOLF85 0 votes

@DJ Wolf85:  Nope, just update straight to 4.10.

Mark90 0 votes

@ pulse i've got them from sites over the internet but i think that's not the point. the point is that the tracks are not working on this current firmware. i will try a thing an post after- i woult download them again and don't analize them in  mp3val and mixed in key to see if the issue apear again . i wiil keep you informed. i belive that the mp3s are good because in tp2pro and winamp and even rekordbox player i hear no glitch.

oreste 0 votes

@Stroboscope:  It worked better on my 1000s too, but the point here is that now with v4.10, it works FAR better than it ever has done on the 2000s.

Mark90 0 votes

@oreste > I understand the complaint but would still like an answer to the question - something more specific than "sites over the internet" would be helpful!

Pulse 0 votes

:) www.beatport.com but i don't have a bill. i take my music over the internet because i don't have the money to buy all my music - i don't earn money for djing, i'm a bedroom dj. i hope that you understand and focus to the real thing. i

oreste 0 votes

This issue sounds to me like a corrupted audio file.  I purchase all of my music from Beatport as AIFF files.  Sometimes I have downloaded audio files that were corrupted.  Sometimes files have skips in them.  Sometimes they don't work at all.  I have always contacted Beatport support when this happens and they are very prompt to respond.  Usually when I have identified a skip in a track, they must contact the producer and request a new audio file.  It takes a few days before they can post the fixed audio file.

My general feeling is that as music enthusiasts, we all should be moving away from MP3 as an acceptable audio format.  There is almost zero argument for the need to compress audio anymore.  Hard drives are huge and cheap.  Download speeds are incredibly fast.  It sounds to me like there are so many issues with MP3 files being corrupted, encoded poorly, decoded poorly, etc....  The only thing I like about MP3 is the tagging, but I have always been willing to lose that benefit for sound quality and peace of mind that the audio file will work correctly.

Fuse Promote 0 votes

I agree with Fuse above here .

Everyone should stop using these 15 year old MP3 files and just use uncompressed AIFF or WAV and your CDJ problems will go away forever. Blame Apple Itunes for your CDJ problems! They are the ones trying to keep an old archaic MP3 lossy format a music industry standard in todays high speed, terabyte storage world. Unless you still use a 56K modem and 400MB HD? hahaha.....

GregS 0 votes

I must say, I use WAV and never see the playback errors.

Mark90 0 votes

i understend what you're saying but if the file is corrupted why the glitch apears betwen 0:15 0:19??? why doesen't sound the same in winamp or tp2??? in my oppinion (and others) there is no big sound diference betwen a waw  and a good mp3 coded file. can everybody say what he want but nobody can do the difference betwen a waw and an mp3 320 file on a big sound sistem. that's what i think and maybe i'm wrong.

oreste 0 votes

@oreste, there is a huge sound difference between an mp3 and a wav. Also there is a huge difference between winamp and a cdj2000.

Dream Treez 0 votes