Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

59 followers Follow

Suggestions for Rekordbox updates?

Couldn't find this anywhere, so thought I might do one after I have been using Rekordbox for a while....

First of all: LOVE the program, but as many other (new) programs it has potential to be better....

1) Sync with folders on your harddrive. Automatically search for new files at startup.

2) "key" feature - finds the key of the tracks.

3) editi/cut in audio tracks... a litlle audio editor would be awesome!!!

if there is a thread for this I apologize.... 

Casper Østergaard

Post is closed for comments.

323 comments

@Pulse

Thank you for the tip. When it crashes i will examen and post the read me in a new thread.

As for the album artwork i see it is on the right but it doesn't have any function besides seeing it off course.

What i would like is to have something like a scroll function within the album artwork, like coverflow in iTunes for instance. But a scroll function like on the cdj 2000 tag list would be nice to. I miss the speed of album artwork  loading in the tag list though. Because the pictures show late it doesn't really work like a case of vinyl, which potential it has. 

Adriaan Klaver 0 votes
Comment actions Permalink

A few more things to fix:

• Fix the bug that occurs when reloading MP3 Tags in larger numbers which results in Rekordbox crashing.

• Fix the crashing when dragging and dropping 2000+ tracks into Rekordbox 

Other suggestions:

• Export playlist to other format 

• Database backups and restore (internal Rekordbox db)

• Internal keydetection

Also RB needs to be more stable and needs to be able to make use of the new generation Intel I3,I5,I7 processors on 64 bit systems, 

F!RMWAR3 0 votes

@Firmwar3 > No need to crosspost; you already suggested this stuff in the other thread.

Pulse 0 votes

Would be great if we replace a file with a better bitrate that when I reload tag info, RB actually shows the new nitrate, for example....

1. found a couple of files at 128k

2. matched them in iTunes and now they are 256k

3. overwrite the 128 file with the new 256 file yet RB still has the old tag into showing it is still 128 even though I know its the 256k file

BriChi 0 votes

just an FYI to above, Serato has no issue with the change, once I load the track or analyze it, the nitrate immediately changes to 256 knowing its the new track

BriChi 0 votes

Yes, rewrite it from scratch .... It is very slow locks are missing some useful features (SYNC) isalmost unusable .... despite high-performance machine .... It's a shame ....$

Gianluca Romano Dj 0 votes

How about this: when i create a new folder or (nad) playlist, in rekordbox i see them in order i like, but in the cdj's i see first folders and then playlist's. I like them in same order as in rekordbox.. Don't know where to suggest this, in rekordbox or in cdj's update..

Anastasio 0 votes

@Gianluca > I'm unsure why you would want a "SYNC" feature in Rekordbox? It is a Music Management software and a DJ application. The SYNC feature would be useless because there would be nothing for Rekordbox to SYNC the current track to, let alone Rekordbox doesn't change the tempo of tracks.

@tasos > I'm not exactly sure if this is what you mean, but HERE is a video Pulse made about how to change the order on the CDJ when using a USB device. You can also change the list on the CDJ when connected via LINK by going to "Preferences", the "Export" tab at the top, and then add and rearrange which categories you want to be displayed on the CDJ and the order.

I hope that's what you're looking for. :)

Foster 0 votes

No my friend i don't mean that, i know that options. Sorry for my bad english! At the cdj screen when i connect my usb drive, wich have playlist's and folders exported from rekordbox, the order ot them is: first folder's (inseide of the folders are more playlist's) and then the simple playlist's. For example in rekordbox i see that: (f=folder p=playlist)

(f) mainstream

(p) dance

(f) acapella

(f) 2012

(p) best 2011

(p) progressive

(f) older

But at the cdj's i get that order:

(f) mainstream

(f) acapella

(f) 2012

(f) older

(p) dance

(p) best 2011

(p) progressive

Anastasio 0 votes

Maybe! I mean: i want the same order between folders and simple playlist in cdj's as in rekordbox! Can't explain better...!

Anastasio 0 votes

I would love there to be an option to display the waveform from the connected cdjs within rekordbox to mirror that of the cdj2000's display. This would be amazing for cdj900 users who have the smaller display and use rekordbox at home. I for one would be able to place the laptop above the mixer and see a really nice waveform and progress bar on the laptop. would be great !!!!

travellingpom 0 votes

i would love to be able to map keyboard keys to load a track onto connected cdjs instead of dragging and dropping the files onto the cdj icon. i can only load a track into rekordbox for editing.

travellingpom 0 votes

i would love to be able to map keyboard keys to load a track onto connected cdjs instead of dragging and dropping the files onto the cdj icon. i can only load a track into rekordbox for editing.

you can do this already in the preferences

BriChi 0 votes

@markoerregger > Thank you for clarifying that for me. :)

@Gianluca > My apologies for misunderstanding what you meant. :)

@tasos > Okay I think I know what you mean. Have you tried when you enter a folder, you can press the "Browse" button again (might be press and hold) and another option will come up on how to search within that category?

Or were you just referring to creating a "Tree Form" of playlists and sub-playlists within Rekordbox and export them? If it's the "Tree Form" idea, it has been suggested to the engineers already, so we will have to see. :)

@travellingpom >So it sounds like you want to be able to see 2 waveforms in Rekordbox when connected to your CDJs and have the CDJ's sync the waveform on Rekordbox? This isn't the purpose of Rekordbox, and if this was ever to be implemented it would need to enable 4 waveforms as up to 4 CDJ's can be LINK'ed. It would definitely be a cool feature for 900 users, but it sounds to me like it goes against the purpose of Rekordbox.

BriChi is right. You can already assign keys to load tracks directly into your decks. It might also be easier using the on board screen on your CDJ to search through and load tracks with the knob, instead of always dragging and dropping/using key commands.

The main purpose of Rekordbox is to be a Music Management software. It's suppose to eliminate the computer aspect of the setup, but still provide you with accuracy and ease of use with your gear. Part of the idea is so DJ's don't have to have their laptop facing them while they DJ, so they can focus more on the equipment/effects/EQ's, and not look like they are searching their Facebook as some might think. :D lol

Foster 0 votes

hi there foster, no i dont wish to sync the waveforms on rekordbox just would like the waveforms displayed as the cdj 900 screen is very small for this purpose.

brichi> thanks mate though i tried that and only loads into rekordbox not the player itself for some reason?

travellingpom 0 votes

have you tried using simple commands like I screenshot? like CTRL+1, I noticed if you try doing ones like SHIFT+ARROW, it doesn't work, Hopefully Pioneer fixes this issue but I do know that CTRL+1,2,3,4,5 etc.... works perfectly, thats how I have it mapped and use it a lot

BriChi 0 votes

thanks BriChi will try that combination as previous tryed Z and X without success.

travellingpom 0 votes

ok, try mine, I have had good and bad luck with some combos, the CTRL+number has been the best so far

BriChi 0 votes

@Foster>  "SYNC" = SYNC FOLDER :-) No Sync Track!

Gianluca Romano Dj 0 votes

Hi BriChi > Worked a treat with your keys. thanks mate. :)

travellingpom 0 votes

@travellingpom > I gotcha now. ;) I agree, it would be nice and useful to have a bigger/better waveform for the 900's.

@Gianluca > Yes, thank you. @markoeregger already explained what you meant by "SYNC" if you noticed my last post. ;)

Foster 0 votes

My wish for Rekordbox(if this hasnt been requested!)

It would be very nice if the engineers look into the networking part for the linking. Ive ran into hair pulling situations where the players wont link at all, no firewalls or network sharing issues, after trying everything noticed that I had my computer set to a fixed ip address and not with DHCP. Hope that they could find a way around this as I normally have to use my laptop with fixed ips every now and then, but dont know how frequent this might be for others

Arthur C 0 votes

The only way that would work would be if you could assign static IP addresses to the CDJs as well.

Also: RekordBox/Pioneer CDJs doesn't use DHCP, they uses automatic private IP addressing, which basically means the device generates an IP address on it's own rather than be allocated one from a DHCP server.

AngusGibbins 0 votes

@Arthur > Your system should work with DHCP enabled; you do not need to assign a static IP for it to work.

Pulse 0 votes

^^ that's not what he's saying, every now and then he needs his laptop to be on a network where he needs to manually set his IP address.

Do Pioneer CDJs work with DHCP? I haven't tested them with a DHCP server but I've only seen them working with link-local.

AngusGibbins 0 votes

Well, if it's Windows, the nice thing is you can set a static-IP as an alternate so if there is no DHCP, it will fall-back to that.  The players should still work without an issue with or without a DHCP.

Pulse 0 votes

Difficult to change the order of the folders within a folder

Is more likely to move a folder into other folder than beneath it or above it.

Even more difficult  when you want to move it on the first or last positions. You will end up by moving it to a different directory in most of the cases.

Marian Eugen 0 votes