Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

59 followers Follow

Suggestions for Rekordbox updates?

Couldn't find this anywhere, so thought I might do one after I have been using Rekordbox for a while....

First of all: LOVE the program, but as many other (new) programs it has potential to be better....

1) Sync with folders on your harddrive. Automatically search for new files at startup.

2) "key" feature - finds the key of the tracks.

3) editi/cut in audio tracks... a litlle audio editor would be awesome!!!

if there is a thread for this I apologize.... 

Casper Østergaard

Post is closed for comments.

323 comments

Just an FYI > we don't always talk to the same people and can sometimes get different information.  I'm telling you the above today so you can consider it more up-to-date.  ;)

Pulse 0 votes
Comment actions Permalink

I would like to see the ability to choose full screen mode in the preferences. So every time I open RB I dont have to click on the  "full screen tab" . 

I also hope the fullscreen will be a real full screen mode because today I have the gray line in the top of my screen in this mode. (mac)

TouchDown 0 votes

@TouchDown > You can set Full Screen to "Command + F" in the Keyboard tab in Preferences.

That may be a little easier.

Foster 0 votes

Are you talking the "full screen" in Lion or just take up the whole screen?  I don't think any program can be set to remember Lion's "full screen" mode.

Pulse 0 votes

A simple firmware update seems like all that is needed for the auto load hot cues. I feel like adding a menu option to the cdj2000 to make it available would be killer!

Ån†-li√E 0 votes

You're wearing very rose-coloured glasses if you think anything about the CDJ is "simple."  ;)

Pulse 0 votes

@ Foster > I know aboute the shortcut to full screen and I use it, but thank you anyway :)

@ Pulse > The Lion full screen is only remembered  by appel programs I think.

But in Traktor you can click on "switch to full screen on startup" in the preferences so every time you open the program, it will cover the entire screen. 

TouchDown 0 votes

There are three things I would really like to see in an update:

1) the ability to sync playlists and song information from iTunes to rekordbox and from rekordbox to your USB device.

2) more options to categorise songs on your device e.g. comment, composer, label, etc.

3) the ability to run processes like transferring a song in the background

But apart from that, I like the program :)

HeadsUp 0 votes

@HeadsUp > The first two are already in place.  Do a search for categories and you'll find the 2nd.  As for the 1st, it's not a "sync" but as rekordbox reads the iTunes library, it is almost such.

Pulse 0 votes

What is the best setting for MAC and PC in the preferences for buffer size and hz?  Thanks

Jason Ferguson 0 votes

What is the best setting for MAC and PC in the preferences for buffer size and hz?  Thanks

Jason Ferguson 0 votes

I use CDJ2000 x2 + DJM900 + Link (PC)

It would be great to be able to drag and drop tracks from external devices (connected to the PC) to the CDJs. It is possible to drag and drop these tracks to DJM for preview but not to the CDJs for playback.

Zuperius 0 votes

@Zuperius > Tracks not analyzed and within rekordbox's library can not be transfered and I don't believe that will ever be supported.

Pulse 0 votes

OK Pulse,

For my main gigs I only use an SSD into CDJ.

My idea was to have the option to use the laptop on some gigs without duplicate the collection from the main computer. Just plug in the synced SSD and "of I go!"

But with this setup the playlists on the RB-synced SSD will play and look exactly like it use to in RB but will not work on CDJ via LINK

Zuperius 0 votes

@Zuperious > I understand, but much like the way iTunes and iPods operate, you can't play songs from the iPod within iTunes as the iPod is an export device.

What is the source of the main library (pre-export)?

Pulse 0 votes

^^ That's not true Pulse, as of iTunes 10 you can play music straight from connected iOS devices from within iTunes.

I'm not sure why you'd want to with RekordBox though (Not to mention it's obviously nowhere near as mature as iTunes either).

AngusGibbins 0 votes

Really?  Well then!  I've never tried it.  ;)

In actuality, you can play your export device tracks within rekordbox; you just can't open the finder to do it directly to the player.

Pulse 0 votes

USB Saved Cue Point (That we make on location of a gig whit the cdj2000) Exported back 2 record box PLEASE PLEASE

DJ TROJ 0 votes

USB Saved Cue Point's (That we make on location of a gig whit the cdj2000) Exported back 2 record box PLEASE PLEASE

DJ TROJ 0 votes

Already implemented. I can't remember the exact option but you right click on the USB device in the Devices pane and select import changes or something like that.

AngusGibbins 0 votes

Bonjour, sans doute déjà évoqué:

• via rekordbox, avoir l'affichage des jaquettes pour ces playlist. (façon serato, tracktor ect...)

• Correction des petits bug d'actualisation des tags (entre rekordbox et itunes)

Bonne continuation et merci de toujours faire évoluer ce très bon soft !!!!

Sylvain Salamon 0 votes

In my opinion, the most important future for rekordbox to implement is a proper export and import function, witch inc the database, beatgrid and everything one need go form one computer to another.

Editing beatgrid, setting cue points and loops takes a lot of time. Good backup solution Its really important.

The workaround to have the same username on both computers for the beatgrid to copy over is just really really bad. This is very unprofessional and i expect better form pioneer dj main application. 

Bjoervik 0 votes

Here are all of my suggestions, I'm sure a couple of these have been suggested before so apologies for any duplicates, but this thread is massive and I don't have time to read the whole thing lol

1) Syncing with a USB device (like an iPod) - either a specified playlist or entire music library

2) Being able to change the date added, or have this information stored when moving music libraries

3) Scan the folder for missing files instead of having to drag and drop the tracks (this is especially helpful if you move the path of your entire music library)

4) Being able to Burn CDs with all the RekordBox info

5) Dynamic Tempo BPM Sync - I have lots of songs that have genre changes, and the dynamic tempo analyzation feature is very useful, however for all of these songs, I know what the BPM changes from, it would be useful to be able to set separate BPMS (eg. 140 from one cue point, to change to 110 at another)

6) MIDI Mapping (to something like an APC40) - I don't think this is currently possible (if it is, my mistake, please let me know where I can configure this)... oh man I would love to make a cool APC 40 template to control RekordBox :D

7) I noticed some people suggesting the feature to automatically find the key - maybe team up with Mixed In Key and integrate it to find the keys if you have the software? Something of the likes? Of course that requires more than a software patch, would be negotiating with that company if they even wanted to, but that would be very cool

8) The option to automatically sync the tags with iTunes

9) Syncing the BPM from iTunes. I spent a long time setting up all my BPMs on iTunes making sure they were 100% correct, but when I import my music library into RekordBox, it analyses and sets the tempo itself - while I do respect that is quite accurate, it is not always 100% on, whereas I know my iTunes BPM tags are 100% accurate.

1 Other one that probably falls more into CDJ 2000 update suggestions:

1) Multiple search function - being able to search for color, and then songs of a certain key within that color, and then songs within that key and colour that are a certain genre, etc

T-Top 0 votes

Thanks for the suggestions, please keep them coming - they are being read and considered.

Pulse 0 votes

Something small and pretty easy in terms of software development. Could you suggest to the developers that it would be nice, once having saved a hot cue to be able to drag those hot cues around - for example if I save a hot cue to B but actually want it to be set as A, to be able to drag the orange/green section to a different letter rather than having to delete it and then re set it on the correct cue.

KazPan 0 votes

I have my music on an external HDD (>300GB). When i import this in RB, create playlists and copy the playlists to the external HDD, is copies the music files in the CONTENT folder. This results in having every track 2 times on the same external HDD, and 2 times the space, but the tracks are already on the external HDD.

Can this be arranged differently? So that 1 have only 1 copy of the file on my external HDD.

Mike G 0 votes