Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

59 followers Follow

Suggestions for Rekordbox updates?

Couldn't find this anywhere, so thought I might do one after I have been using Rekordbox for a while....

First of all: LOVE the program, but as many other (new) programs it has potential to be better....

1) Sync with folders on your harddrive. Automatically search for new files at startup.

2) "key" feature - finds the key of the tracks.

3) editi/cut in audio tracks... a litlle audio editor would be awesome!!!

if there is a thread for this I apologize.... 

Casper Østergaard

Post is closed for comments.

323 comments

haha, good point, I figured you were gone for a while so we wanted to make ya work on the forum a little once you got back....  good to see ya back though

BriChi 0 votes
Comment actions Permalink

matthew: if no one beats me to it I'll reply later once I'm up and out of bed but a number of your points are already possible.

AngusGibbins 0 votes

#2 - rb already relocates all missing files when u right click on one missing and relocate, it will look for all missing and relocate.

#3 can also be done, highlight a bunch and hit the info payne

BriChi 0 votes

#2 won't automatically find your missing files, unless they're in the same folder. Also, no sub folders, so unless you keep all your files on the same folder, you'll have to pinpoint the location manually.

kooba 0 votes

It will if you have the same structure and organization.  If they have been moved to different places from each-other, then it has to ask a few times.

And please keep this thread to suggestions only;** for problems** start a new thread.

Pulse 0 votes

Gents / Ladies,

If there is any feedback from my suggestions above, could you PM me on mattcooper77@yahoo.co.uk to save clogging up this thread, although I do appreciate the help so far :)

Sorry Pulse that wasnt my intention from the suggestions I've made. Is there a PM option on this forum by any chance?

@ANGUS - Keen to here your comments.

Other quiries I have can be found on http://forums.pioneerdj.com/entries/20923116

Cheers,

Coop

Matt Cooper 0 votes

Is it possible to work on driver or software for connect DDJ Ergo and Rekordbox via USB ?

My best materials are 2 CDJ 2000 and DJM 2000 but sometimes, I'll like to use just my DDJ Ergo with my Macbook Pro for light set ; for me, a link (via USB) for transfer song, hot cue and loop from Rekordbox to DDJ Ergo is a good upgrade for software and firmware.

Is it possible ?

(Sorry for my bad level in english, i leave in France)

brochard 0 votes

When I add a whole bunch of new tracks to RB, often it won't automatically process all of the files and calculate the waveforms. This leaves me with many tracks in my collection which do not have a waveform associated with them.

When I then export to USB and play them live in my sets - panic - no waveform on the CDJ, and I'm going in 'blind'.

Please, can you create a column or flag for each file which indicates the presence of an associated waveform. This will allow me to sort my collection, pick out those that didn't receive the full treatment, and I can then 'right-click'-'Analyse Track'.

At present in RB, the only way for me to find out if a track has no associated waveform is to double-click on each one and load it up to see if one appears. Not good when your active repertoire runs into several hundred tracks....

(I could, of course, simply re-analyse my whole music collection overnight.... but this would WIPE all my cue points and markers.)

Pete 'Freerunner' Simpson 0 votes

@Pete > What kind of audio files are tracks you imported which didn't show a waveform?  Was the rest of the metadata in place?  If you analyse the track manually, does the waveform then show up?

Pulse 0 votes

My files are all 320kbps MP3s. They only show waveforms when analysed - like any track. 

I will often import a whole playlist of dozens of files in one go. If left to chug away, it would take a good while to analyse all the tracks. This process has occasionally been interrupted, either by a crash or by time constraints (you know how these rush jobs can suddenly be when you have to have tracks ready in ten minutes before you leave for a gig! LOL.)  When recordbox is later restarted, the tracks remain unanalysed. But I can't tell which ones without going through every single file and loading it up in the audio player to see if a waveform pops up.

Yes - if I analyse the track manually, the waveform is generated and subsequently shows up. The thing is - I don't know which ones need this treatment, as there is no indicator of which ones have been analysed....

Pete 'Freerunner' Simpson 0 votes

Lets first improve the current issues before adding more functionality...seems there are still too many mac users who can not drop files through recordbox into their CDJ2000s :( 

Rene Gilvert 0 votes

+1 on sync folders to hard drive. I dont want to manage libraries arbitrarily in multiple software. Use of Rekordbox or Serato or Traktor is dependant on the gig.  Long gigs = NI/Rane software. Short gigs = Rekordbox for less hassle (or back to NI/Rane soft if there arent 900s or 2000s)

Paul 'Paz' Zwarts 0 votes

Ability to create subfolders in playlists, this is crucial!

Lukas Panetier 0 votes

I want to be able to Burn CD's right in Rekordbox.  There are those times when a gig might not have CDJ2000's and I wasn't able to bring my own.  I need cd's as backups and it would be killer if we could burn directly out of Rekordbox so everything keeps its organization how we are used to it.  Also, being able to transfer over the hot cue info would be stellar.  

Ån†-li√E 0 votes

Well, then you'll be happy to hear the next version will have the ability to export playlists that can turned into burned CDs!  It's not native burning within rekordbox itself, but it's a step closer.

Hot cue info can not be burned to CD as rekordbox info is not read from CDs.

Pulse 0 votes

@Pulse That's great to hear!  Really excited.  What about exporting cues for those cd's to an sd card incase we find ourselves on CDJ1000's? That way we won't have to spend hours in front re-setting all the cues we have spent hours setting already.  Then it's an ultimate win! 

Ån†-li√E 0 votes

Sorry, that won't work either as the cues are all relative to an audio file within the rekordbox collection, not relative to a track on a CD; the memory card wouldn't know the which track on which CD the cues belong to.

You want the ultimate win?  Use USB devices exported from rekordbox and leave the CDs behind as backups!

Pulse 0 votes

Yeah that's the idea.. keep the cd's as backups for sure but figuring out a way where say: On the airplane I prep new tracks and cd's because said gig doesn't have 2000's... i need to be in front of a player to set all my cues. maybe a way to apply what ive already organized in rekordbox to cd's.  Either way, i am all USB all day, I think rekordbox is brilliant and not having to carry a laptop or cd's in a club anymore is a GOD SEND!

Ån†-li√E 0 votes

@Ant-live > I don't know if that could be implemented but my guess would be that resources wouldn't be diverted down that route.

Gavin 0 votes

It's the 4th of April 2012..

The last core update of RB was in June 2011..

All other things after that where bug fixes and minor updates

I really hope we are not yet at the end of RB development

F!RMWAR3 0 votes

Is this allready suggested: loading the hot cue's instantly when loading a track? Or even better an option to do that or to be like it is now...?

Anastasio 0 votes

yes, apparently it cannot be done with the current hardware, I would think though they can just write it into the code to load hot starts on track load even if it takes 2 seconds longer to load the track, at least I have the piece of mind in the middle of a track what hot starts are loaded. Its funny you bring this up today because I was showing a friend of mine my 2000 and another brands new deck, one of the selling points for him on the other brand was he hated the way the 2000 had to have the ABC loaded manually where the other deck instantly loaded your hot starts on track load

BriChi 0 votes

I see. A friend of me who plays with laptop and serato software using the cdj 2000 with the midi option has that feature. I mean when he loads up a track in serato, hot cues are instantly loaded at the cdj's 2000. That's a different thing i guess with the laptop..?

Anastasio 0 votes

Yes, that's different vs using the decks with rekordbox tracks

BriChi 0 votes

@BriChi > It may be possible on the current hardware, but not entirely sure - I believe the statement was something to the effect of "there's no guarantees it will happen in this generation."

Pulse 0 votes

oh ok cool, I thought I read somewhere on the forum that it wasn't possible on the current 2000, Sorry if I was wrong

BriChi 0 votes